1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

In the way out of nowhere comment department...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Curly, Jun 12, 2000.

1. Curly

Curly Member

What is up with Rice and Yoda? I didn't catch all the game, but heard that Rice sat most/all of the 2nd. Is that right? Is he out/in of LA's 2001 season? There were some comments in hear about him before he went to LA, are those same people interested in him if he goes on the block? I don't know that I'm particularly interested in him, although, if I needed someone to go shot for shot with, I'd want him on my team. He just doesn't fit in with the triangle, because he like the plays to be called for him. Will a few more touches keep this guy happy or what's the deal? I agree that we need somebody down low, but what are the chances that we....Rudy...might take a look at him?

------------------
    In the end there will be no judges...only witnesses to my greatness.

2. TraJ

TraJ Member

I don't think he fits our team and I certainly don't want to pay the price it would take to get him. He seems to think he's worth the max.

------------------

3. 3pointer

3pointer Member

Any team can use a good shooter but for the price he demands .... I don't think so .....

------------------
    It's all about marketing !

4. Curly

Curly Member

Wouldn't LA have to eat some of the cost? I'm not going to pretend to even venture in to capologist territory, but I thought that would be the case. He's not really on my list of "to get" players, just thought I would throw his name out, because of the shooter that he is.

------------------
    In the end there will be no judges...only witnesses to my greatness.

5. RocketSiv

RocketSiv Member

Rice is a free agent. One that is not worth the maximum price tag he will be over. I don't see us getting him this year since we don't have money and I doubt we go out of the way to get him. He was ours for the taking but the Rockets didn't like his attitude as I recall.

------------------

6. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Price is definitely the issue with Rice.

He would have fit in nicely with the Rockets inside out game when Pippy came to town, but it wasn't meant to be. Let him stay in LA. He's not of much use to us now.

------------------
    We need some meat in the post!