1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

In summer, Sam Presti could make better offer for Butler than Morey?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigBum, Mar 26, 2019.

1. BigBum

BigBum Member

Jimmy Butler has offered some degree of promise to 76ers when he was traded. He is likely to be traded than becoming a free agent.
    Who will make significant competitive offer for Butler? What is your best offer? Butler will be tradable if he signs 4-year $140 million contract.
    Oklahoma City is truly trying to win now, Sam Presti will make the necessary moves to turn dreams into a reality in July.

[​IMG] Jimmy Butler

[​IMG] Dennis Schroder
    25 year old, 6-1,
    15.7 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 4.2 apg in 29.2 minutes in 2018-2019
    [​IMG] Patrick Patterson
    30 year old, 6-9, 230 lb F

[​IMG] Terrance Ferguson
    20 year old, 6-7, 190 lb SG

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

If Morey wants it, Presti will be there to poach it. He's a hoe, I hope being in the lux tax and in the 8th seed is karma for stealing all Morey's ideas.

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

If OKC is willing to trade Patterson for Butler, it's all over for us.

4. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

One small problem. Jimmy Butler is a free agent. He gets to choose where he goes. The Thunder are definitely not his first choice and likely neither are the Rockets. If his other plans don't work out he still gets to go where he wants. The Thunder don't make sense and he would likely want to protect the ability to keep his 5 year contract max because this would be his last contract. Butler is not resigning with the Sixers and almost everyone knows that as witnessed by the Harris trade.

I wrote this off completely when the original trade talk occurred but we had traction. I completely wrote it off again after the Sixers trade but cyber keeps pushing it. I don't think that happens if something isn't there. The Rockets went hard after him for a reason.

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

Butler will be a free agent unless he decides to do an opt-in and trade to a team he wants to go to, so who cares if Presti can offer something better?

useless thread...

Sean Dr34ms, Relativist and treyk3 like this.
  6. thekad

thekad Member

Yes, they have a large expiring contract like Knight, a prospect like Melton and a 2019 1st round pick.

Unfortunately we can’t trade luxury tax savings.

Tilman is cheap.

7. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Exactly this. Butler will go where he wants whether that's an opt in and trade to someone like us, Celtics or even the Warriors or signing with the Knicks

8. BigBum

BigBum Member

I talked to my co-workers and did some work.
    1. 76ers don't want to lose Butler for nothing since Butler has some degree of promise and they have offer assets for him.
    2. Butler and his agent want money as first option, but no one is offering 5-year contract since is an injury-prone and is 30 years old. He has to sign 4-year contract (140MM +)

As a result, there is very slim chance he will become free agent.
    As a result, there is very slim chance he will opt in for one year deal.

Few teams are interested in him because his money demand.

#8 BigBum, Mar 26, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
  9. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Are your coworkers Elton Brand and Joshua Harris?

10. Vivi

Vivi Member

Nah, Sixers have Simmons, McConnell, they'll probably resign Redick, don't think they should be interested in Schroder with that contract, which is not awful but for a bench player that's still pretty expensive, they'll have to get big guards and wings. Gordon fits much better with Embiid, Simmons and Harris, big guard who can play the 3 (just like Butler), two way player who has no problems to play off ball.

Btw Westbrook, Butler and George seems like a terrible fit, just saying, i think the only reason why OKC would try to get him is literally to not let him go to the Rockets so...that's probably going to happen lol.

luckyman76 likes this.
  11. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

I think DM will be robbed again on the Jimmy Buckets S&T bidding and overpay for the Nets' Harris...

12. macan

macan Member

first it was Juwan, now jimmy bucket??! come on OKC..stop **** blocking us all the time....