1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[In Person Experience] Magics vs Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dwighthoward, Mar 18, 2015.

1. dwighthoward

dwighthoward Member

Wow, Rockets games have changed since the last time I went a few years back.

1) Only allowing people to come in 1 hour before games compared to the 1.5 hours hurts autographing players a lot. Especially with traffic at these times, it was hard for me to get there, find parking, and get over. Yet, it was my fault for coming 15 minutes after doors opened. No players were there with 45 minutes until game time and it seemed like all the graphers were already out of the area of graphing for awhile.
    2) Parking has increased from about 5,8,10 to like 10,25s. Ok I guess since I went to a Dleague game and the price was about the same (10s).
    3) During timeouts and quarter change, the organization doesn't do much anymore. Before they used to throw out shirts, (lots of them even to the upper bowl...only 4 throughout today for the upper bowl), funny skits, kiss cam, clutch stuff, tributes, etc. Today there were only a few which was sad and boring during those time between.

3) Gameplay (different ip than on tv since you can see the whole court and analyze better): 1) Harden isos way too much! He was having a bad game and still tried iso-ing a lot to free himself up for contested jumpers. 2) Bev's sense of the game is pretty bad. Taking bad shots, bad passes, or not being aware of the shot clot at times. We truely need a pg bc pablo is useless as well imo. 3) The team isos way too much and drives kicks too much. No set plays whatsoever other than drive and kick or dump down to dmo for a post.

Overall, the game was pretty good. I enjoyed going to this but it isn't the same as the years before. The experience before was much better. What do yall think of it now?

5 people like this.
  2. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

3. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

The most important questions are (1) did you pick that username back in 09, and (2) if so, are you psychic?

2 people like this.
  4. dwighthoward

dwighthoward Member

Knew my man, DHOW, would be smart and come to the best team in the league since 09!

1 person likes this.
  5. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Rep for username.

They have free parking downtown. Just have to find a gap somewhere on the street and parallel in. Maybe since it was against the Magic (bad team), they didn't do as much stuff.

6. newAge_Rockets

The gates do open up 90 minutes before tipoff not an hour, I don't know what the issue was with that. And yeah autographs are tough! Ya have to get there very early and like speed walk to that tunnel where the players walk by. Rockets PR definitely does entertainment on a game by game basis. For example, hardly much against the Philly game I went to, but a lot for the Portland game.

7. dwighthoward

dwighthoward Member

Everywhere it says doors open an hour before game time though? Where do you see that they open an hour in a half still? And man, that sucks! What if someone was from out of town and came for a Rockets game against a bad team. The PR and organization wouldn't care as much and make the experience mediocre. Slap in the face since everyone pays the same price for tickets or maybe slightly less than good teams but still.

8. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

"So the opening time was a slap in the face, Harden had a bad game, Bev's sense of the game is pretty bad, the team isos way too much . . . and the game was pretty good!"

9. yo

yo Contributing Member

It's Magic. No 's'. Gosh.

10. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

Rep for username

11. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

What does "ip" mean when you mention the game

12. DJ

DJ Member

I'm guessing "in person"

13. brooksstephens

Message Board Pet Peeve:

When fans say things like, "I was at the game... here's my expert insight/breakdown of what happened!"

Like your vantage point was better than my big-@$$ plasma TV with pause and rewind capabilities. Like, I know what happened bro.. I had the best seat in the house here on my couch.

14. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

User name. 09.

15. Purvis2Short

Purvis2Short Member

I'm going to change my name to KevinDurant.

16. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

During the weekdays, I believe it opens at 6, if there is a game at 7. And if it starts at 830, I believe it opens at 7.

During the weekends, I believe it opens 90 minutes before tip.
    7pm start = 5:30 opening.

17. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

Kam is correct!

18. dwighthoward

dwighthoward Member

Year, you're right. I just checked online and it says 90 min for weekends.

19. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Dude probably changed his username since 09.

20. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Can you change your username?