1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

In-N-Out reportedly opening in HOU in 2017

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by awc713, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Caesar

Caesar Member

Do you go in a complete funk when you get out of keto? I got drunk last friday for the first time in a while + ate lots of carbs the next day (lots as in maybe 100g compared to under 20)and i swear my hangover was 4 days long and my body still hasn't fully recovered. I've been aching everywhere and feeling extremely lethargic. I've heard of keto flu, but that is after cutting carbs out and getting your body to adapt. For me it was the opposite. Going back to carbs has me feeling horrible. Or perhaps i just had a normal weekend hangover and now i'm going through keto flu since going back to keto diet on sunday/monday?

2. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I haven’t come out of Ketosis. It has been probably a month and a half now. I’m not sure I’ve ever been so disciplined regarding diet. I don’t drink alcohol or soda. Sweets were my biggest weakness and I do mean weakness. Anything sugary I would devour daily. I’ve lost about 20lbs. and I feel great.

I rarely crave garbage now, but if I do, I eat a few small pieces of dark chocolate sweetened with Stevia. I’ve also made Keto cookie dough. Man I’m all in. I want to see how far this can take me.

As far as Keto flu, I definitely had it. I had zero energy for probably two weeks. It was next to impossible to workout or at least do what I was accustomed to doing. All good now.

Sorry to derail. Go burgers!!

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

In-N-Out just isn't on Whataburger's level, yet every time I've been there it's packed as if their burgers are made by God himself

4. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

So are they opening one in Houston or not?

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  5. Caesar

Caesar Member

Congrats man. I lost about 18lbs since going low carb/keto + intermittent fasting(mostly 20 hr weekdays and 16 hr weekends) since early January(hasn't been all at once since January though). Haven't worked out at all though, but i've kept a decent amount of muscle while burning the fat and it's given me decent tone. I'm mad as i think about how i could look if i had been working out steadily since January + having my strict diet.

I lost 58lbs last year with working out 6 days a week and low carb as well. I've only been doing keto like 1.5 months. Basically only veggies and whatever few carbs are in my protein shakes and almond butter, so definitely under 15g net carbs a day. Before, it was low carb, under 50-75g carbs with drinking basically once or twice a week so i never really went into keto and i'd have an occasional cheat meal like every other Sunday. Some people get into keto with that amount, but i never checked, or i didn't need to because i drank too much every week anyway. Cereal for me was the hard thing to quit. Starting by switching to almond milk and then quitting cereal altogether. Snacks too. Quitting bread, tortillas and pasta wasn't as hard as i thought it would be and it's been over a year now where i barely occasionally will have bread or tortillas.

Before getting drunk this past Friday night, i was so clear headed and felt amazing. Now since drinking and eating carbs that weekend, i feel so lethargic, body aching everywhere and just a very foggy mind and bloated face and belly. Most of that bloating has gone down now, but i still feel achy all over and still feel foggy and slow.

1 really bad thing for me since January, and mostly because of the intermittent fasting, i smoke a lot now to curb my hunger. I used to only smoke when i'd drink, now i smoke like 6-10 cigs a day. I tried quitting for a week and i felt horrible and craved carbs so badly. I was weak and went back to smoking. I'll take the nasty side effects of smoking for now over the bloated face i had when i ate carbs and drank every week. I'm only doing this intermittent fasting until i reach my goal(about 10 more lbs) and then i'll end it and i'm sure that'll end the smoking too and i can go back to having the energy to go all out in work outs again while continuing keto.

We need to make a petition for Whataburger to start offering lettuce wraps as a replacement option!

6. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

[​IMG]

FTW Rockets FTW likes this.
  7. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

[​IMG]

B-Bob and Snow Villiers like this.
  8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I can't wait to try it for the first time. Their cheese always looks melted and cheezy. Whataburger is starting to dropoff.

9. BleedsRocketRed

Dude, you and me both. 3 months in and man, what a difference. Took some getting used to as I had the "flu" first week or so. That was the hardest breaking from the traditional stuffing myself with refined carbs. Now? I don't even think twice about junk.

I learned that getting lettuce wrapped burgers are a lost cause. Most places just half ass it and its more hassle than its worth. I just get a double whatever, no ketchup and take the buns off and throw them aside. Dive in with a fork and knife. Its just easier that way.

KCKO!

Two Sandwiches and mikol13 like this.
  10. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I started keto last January. Dropped 50 pounds in three months with keto and working out hardcore. Went from 256 to 205.

Had a stressful year. The most stressful of my life, and I was off keto from May to this January. I gained all the weight back.

Started keto back again in January. Lost something like 25 pounds, with no gym.

Got bored, but maintained that weight off keto for like two months. Now, I'm back at the gym, going back to keto.

I find myself craving jeto foods and feeling better when I eat keto. It's not that big a deal, though I miss sweets.

Gonna get that signed pack and want to get below 200. I sit at 224 right now.

BleedsRocketRed likes this.
  11. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

12. SuraGotMadHops

They still own that property on Westheimer and Dunvale where the Just for Feet building was, I wonder when/if they will do anything with it. They've owned that for years.

13. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I hope you've moderated your hopes in the meantime.

14. Buck Turgidson

You poor, poor Cali bastards.

He may not know it, but he has a myriad of options.

B-Bob likes this.
  15. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

All for that development in Stafford. Hope it brings the crowd to that spot and back to The Fountains. Mo City... now you develop something

16. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I haven’t been back in years. Is the Wal Mart still there? That area had been going down. I guess that’s why TI moved.

17. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

18. heads.up

heads.up Member

It's still there and kicking. I'm still shocked they settled on that location for this prime time development, the area is definitely not the best.

19. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

That area is pretty dumpy