1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

In hindsight, should Morey have pulled the trigger on that Rondo trade?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Swishh, May 29, 2014.

?

Do you wish Morey had included Parsons in a deal for Rondo?

1. YES - one of the best PG's in the league, and could have led to a Finals appearance.

99 vote(s)
    46.9%
  2. NO - I think Morey made the right decision.

112 vote(s)
    53.1%
  1. Swishh

Swishh Member

Ainge was reportedly asking for Parsons as the main piece in a Rondo trade (as well as Asik, Jones, first rounders I believe) .

I've noticed that more and more people here are starting to be open to a Parsons trade (as opposed to thinking he was 'untouchable' )

Knowing that the team got bounced off in the first round, and Rondo was relatively healthy, would you have pulled the trigger on that Rondo trade by giving up Parsons?

Looking back at it, I wish he did, and I hope Morey looks back at that trade if he is unable to get Love or Melo.

2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

No.

We have cap space for him if we want him and he was injured and bad all year.

3. Swishh

Swishh Member

Rondo could have drawn better plays than McHale though. :(

4. Rox23

Rox23 Member

In hindsight, no. Jeremy Lin is getting so little playing time as it is!!!

Just kidding. Harden and Rondo and Dwight would not be able to co-exist, plain and simple.

5. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

It's ridiculous that so many had Parsons hyped up like that but I realize in Houston it takes embarrassing ourselves under pressure and losing early to realize what a championship team really needs.

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Parsons, 2 firsts, Asik and more for an injured, horrible-year having Rondo?

No thanks. That team probably gets swept by Portland.

7. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

No.

There is no telling if Rondo will recover back to star PG form.

8. fluors

fluors Member

Wasn't it Harden and Howard who nixed the Rondo trade? If so, the Rondo acquisition would've been viewed negatively by our two best (max) players. Even if Rondo turned out to be the Rondo of old, it still wouldn't work if Harden and Howard don't want him? Even though I don't think it's ideal, I think both Howard and Harden are happy with a Lin/Bev type; a good locker room PG that plays defense and defers and/or compliments their game.

1 person likes this.
  9. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Hell No.

Clear some cap space this summer (Asik and Lin) and go after Lowry

Lowry > (declining) Rondo

10. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

There will be another moment in the near future where this same question could be asked. I think Morey's decision on Parsons' ultimate destination (here or as a re-sign after another star) will be the right decision.

11. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Still do not rate Parsons that highly.

12. verysimplejason

Rondo will be the best person to control the ball during the playoffs, not Harden. Dwight too might be more amenable to p-n-r. McHale could have let him be the "real" coach. I still can't understand why Morey didn't pull the trigger. Rockets could have gone deeper in the playoffs.

13. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

I don't think it was that much,but it's been public I believe, the "real offer"
    (if there really was). The asking price was too high if you're right.
    If we are strictly talkin about holding onto Parsons and not get Rondo;
    it was bc everyone sees a little higher ceiling, than Parsons may never hit.
    (especially at that time too with rondo being more inure riddled too).
    We prob. Shouldn't trade Parsons though bc I think he is THE RECRUITER.

14. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

This though I do agree with,now, after seeing our situation. As I've stated in who to go after Melo and Lowry. Then there's no Melo, but go after Lowry and
    fill the othe role type of moves.

15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Dwight would have to be more amenable to the pnr.

With a lousy 3 point shooter like Rondo out there he'd be doubled on every play.

16. FeaR

FeaR Member

Could someone find Codman's or Cyberx's post(i don't remember who was) after trade deadline because i don't believe that this is true? I think Celtics tried to achieve salary dump but there were only some early talks, nothing serious.

17. ForTheWinYes

ForTheWinYes Member

There were no trade talks. But even in that fantasy, no. Asik by himself was better than Rondo, let alone Parsons.

18. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

how is rondo 'declining'. Guy is a friggin stud. I said 'no' for other reasons though.

But please, show Rondo some respect. He definitely earned it

19. tr3yzle

tr3yzle Member

It's not as if Parsons did anything in the playoffs that scream, WE MUST KEEP HIM AT ALL COSTS!!! Decent games, but disappeared and played little defense as well but was overshadowed by Harden's worse defense.

20. soonerfan7277

soonerfan7277 Member

I'm just wondering why you believe they wouldn't co-exist? Rondo is pretty unselfish with the ball, plays great defense, and is pretty good at running an offense.