1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Implications of draft pick!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hail The Dream!, Jun 16, 2000.

1. Hail The Dream!

Let me get to my point. If the rockets select a power forward in the draft than that would immediately eliminate signing someone like Brian Grant, if possible. In my opinion Grant would give the rocks the rebounding and inside game we missed last year. Also after Grant sacrificed a lot of his game last year his stock has fallen a little and people have forgotten exactly how good he really is. If the rocks could select a shooting forward (like Demarr) and manage to sign Grant, I think it would be the best scenario. Unfortunately that would be too risky for the rocks to do. Our need for a Power Forward is too high and I dont think Grant is making a decision any time soon. So, in my opinion, we must draft a PF. The next question is: Will there be a good PF available at the 9th pick?

------------------
    "I can honestly say I feel I guarded the man pretty well, but the guy is playing better than anyone I have seen in a long time" David Robinson on The Dream 95