1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Impeach Trump

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Two Sandwiches, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Al Green is not the hero we need but the hero that we deserve or whatever.

2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

There is actually video of this on the internet.

I think Joe Rogan wrote something up about it.

Never watched, but heard about it.

3. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

Democrats need to pump the breaks. The reason Comey didn't go public with this is likely because he knew that the russia investigation was much bigger potatoes. They should wait until the FBI report which could actually turn enough republicans because they'll need a lot of them. The Comey conversation is nowhere near as bad as what Nixon asked the CIA to do.

No Worries likes this.
  4. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

^^^ This.

Impeachment happens when Republicans abandon all hope.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Let's face it though, they aren't going to pump the brakes, just look at when this thread was started. They've been on about this from the start and they don't need any actual case or evidence to keep pushing for impeachment essentially on the grounds that they don't like him. I don't see them calming down and coming to their sense any time soon. This type of nonsense will keep up until they get power back because let's face it, that's the real cause of the insanity.

6. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

I think this is where you and I will likely disagree. I do think there will be enough to link Trump to felony hacking through collusion with the Russians which will be much better grounds for impeachment. So many things would be easier if the FBI could finish up and release their findings.

The cause of insanity is not the minority party. It's the seemingly never-ending irregularities coming out of the white house. Also, I don't believe Democrats will take back the house until 2022 and the Senate in 2020. I think the way that this all calms down is if Pence takes over. The GOP will have a much easier time getting their conservative agenda passed though congress and he's not going to give liberals as much fuel for the fire. He's certainly conservative but not bombastic or confrontational.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The insanity started before he was in the White House, so it's not really possible that would be the cause. Anyway, if anything legit surfaces that would lead to impeachment, I'd be all for it, I'm just getting tired of all the go nowhere "scandal of the day" type stuff....I was annoyed by that type of thing when it was the Clinton administration too.

No Worries likes this.
  8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Pence's social agenda is extreme and would make tens of millions of Americans very, very upset. His federal lifetime court appointments would place Gorsuch to the left in comparison (only in comparison), in my opinion.

The only good thing about Pence is that he's unlikely to get the United States into a major war. Trump just might. It's the ancient remedy for a dictator or a wannabe strong man in political trouble. A recent example, of course, is the Falklands War in 1982. We were in Europe at the time on a Greek island and the reaction from the young Brits there was striking. Many started packing to return home, saying they might be needed. We bought drinks for a few of them.

9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I mean, literally Kanye would be a better President then Trump, so I am good with giving Pence a shot. Just give me someone that isn't a nutcase at this point.

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am not in favor of impeachment. I do not think the evidence is there that he collaborated with Russia or that he was obstructing justice. There should be an investigation - but given his propensity to fire people, it's still hard to say whether or not his firing of Comey was because of the investigation or not.

But the need for a through and independent investigation is definitely needed. I will say this, Bill Clinton was impeached for far far less.

11. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

12. adoo

adoo Member

Vicente Fox sent this tweet to CNN's Ana Navarro

"Tell ur Republican friends, we won't pay for Trump's Wall,
    but we'll pitch-in for his impeachment proceedings!"​

13. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

LOL, that was funny.

14. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I am shocked this thread was started in February and not last November.

15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Seriously. Should have been started in the mid 80s when everyone already knew Trump was bonkers.

16. dmoneybangbang

I would caution folk's on impeachment, it will be very hard to prove a direct link with Trump to Russia and this will take some time. Trump saying he "hires only the best folks" won't be enough to prove Trump knowingly and willingly colluded with Russia if any combination of Page, Manafort, and Stone are shown to have accepted gifts or some sort of quid pro quo.

Real estate is a pretty easy way for folks to hide money. Not saying that's what Trump did if he did collude, just that he's well positioned to take advantage of money laundering if need be. His early campaign advisers kept the company of authoritative eastern European regimes.

None of this looks like it's on the level, but maybe it's just incompetence and inexperience on Trump's part for being new public official. Voluntarily releasing those tax records would be a prudent decision if he does have nothing to hide.

17. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

I agree, I am not seeing them getting to Trump, but people like Flynn could be charged, which would be devastating to Trump because he cannot accept any defeat, so we will see if he resigns even if he is not charged with anything.

18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I'm not even sure the Democrats from a political strategy really want Trump impeached this early if it is going to put Pence in power who can move swiftly to do things like repealing ACA, Tax reform, etc. that they really don't want to happen.

The one thing that is unanimous though is that Trump needs oversight for the sake of our country (special prosecutor to clear him or prosecute him is a good start). The country needs to know that countries like Russian CANNOT infiltrate our countries political infrastructure & need to know its not still happening. And anyone involved last year & continuing will pay a price.

Also Impeachment does not mean removal from office. Its a set of hearings that would actually allow Trump to get the case and the facts in front of the Congress, Senate, and the American Public. A 2/3 vote would be needed to actually remove him from office. Actually if he's completely innocent, an impeachment hearing would be a great way of clearing his name, but we know that would never happen.

I think everyone needs to just focus on this investigation being done right and hoping that in 2018 the Democrats take back the House in order to give balance back to our government where the president isn't allowed to operate in the way he's been operating the past 100 days or so. Republican or Democrat, I think we should all agree that there needs to be better checks and balances in our government. It should be hard to pass laws and for the President to do things in the White House.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  19. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Well, I agree. Not that I don't think we can get an impeachment ultimately, but that it's not something we can start doing today. Now that Mueller is in, he needs to do his investigation and put together a case. If he has evidence on Trump, we'll have an impeachment trial. If he doesn't, we probably won't. But, we will have to wait for Mueller to do the whole process. We need to be patient. Of course, the whole thing could resolve quickly with a resignation, but we need to be prepared for it to take a long time.

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

NSFW

but of course this is just the left playing the race call. i mean card. anyway this wont surprise our alt-right friends, they are used to this stuff and we are just being PC