1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Impeach Trump

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Two Sandwiches, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

The democrats would need the kind of support that they haven't had since the Great Depression (1932). You could see democrats getting %55 of the total votes for house reps nationally in 2018 and they still not win the majority because of district gerrymandering. I think dissatisfaction with Trump is more likely to result in GOP representatives losing their primaries to other republicans who then go on to win in the general election. It's going to be hard enough holding their senate seats especially in Indiana, Missouri, West Virginia and North Dakota.

How do you mean oust him? There have been a number of presidents that were not reelected by their party in the following election so that's very possible in 2020. I assume you don't mean that you think they have a plan to oust trump before then? The US doesn't replace leaders because they are unpopular outside of an election which is the right way to do it. Impeachments should only come into play if a federal crime is committed.

Pence does have the ability to remove Trump from office if he has the support of the majority of the "principal officers of the executive departments" if Trump losses his marbles.

No. The senate would never convict him of the ethics complaints and remove him from office. They aren't as partisan petty as the house. Also, you would start to hear the argument that these laws were designed with the assumption that a president is coming from the political world and not business. I don't agree but it's not an open and shut case. You will not see a senate conviction without a clear major crime.

#101 Brando2101, Apr 4, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
  2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

3. Brando2101

Why is this in the impeachment thread? This bill was passed by congress.

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. Brando2101

Dude. Why are you posting these tweets here? They have NOTHING to do with impeachment. Neither of them constitute a federal crime.

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

So where do these belong? The approval rating thread?

7. Brando2101

I don't know but they make no sense to be here in a conversation about an impeachment when they have nothing to do with the subject. It defeats the purpose of having a thread.

8. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

9. Brando2101

Yikes. No wonder he didn't want to throw out the first pitch.

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Like most bullies, Mr. trump is really a coward, in my opinion. I'm not surprised by the man tossing aside a long tradition. It was broken before by former President Carter, but is that really the President that Mr. trump is attempting to model himself after? While that may not be an impeachable offense, I think impeachable offences are coming down the pike. Sadly, being a major league narcissist, a pathological liar, and a world class ******* do not qualify the man for impeachment. Brute incompetence isn't impeachable, either. If it were, 46.4% of Americans would be impeachable, were any of them president. Conversely, the 48.5% that voted for Ms. Clinton look like geniuses in comparison.

Like Watergate, the truth will become known, and Mr. trump won't like the result. In my humble opinion.

11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

12. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Let's NOT stay together, amirite?!?!

Rashmon likes this.
  13. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

Well Mike Pence can't be worse right? Besides not believing gays people are a real thing and calling his wife mother.....

[​IMG]

14. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

And enjoying horse ****. Or course, it wouldn't surprise me if trump was into that as well.

Jayzers_100 and nickb492 like this.
  15. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Pence might be a more effective legislator and a much more adept opponent of liberal values, but honestly, I'd prefer him at this point.

I think Donald Trump and his keystone kops admin are a genuine threat to the safety and well-being of this country.

Let an adult take the wheel, please.

RocketWalta, Yung-T and Rashmon like this.
  16. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Agreed. His comical incompetence presents a clear and present danger to all of us.

Yung-T likes this.
  17. edwardc

edwardc Member

He couldn't throw 3ft much less 60ft.

18. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

Wait, what?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jayzers_100 and Deckard like this.
  19. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

[​IMG]

I feel like it would actually tear up the insides of a man, but Pence would know better than me.

Deckard likes this.
  20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

GOP is beginning to abandon ship

NewRoxFan likes this.