1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Iman revisited

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I think for the most part we all believe that if we wanted a great chance at the chip we need someone on the roster good enough so that both EG and House can come off the bench. But I think we have to accept that it’s one of them starting.

EDIT: I honestly would love to have someone good enough at PF that would compliment PJ at the 3. I would love for PJ to start at small forward.

eliefor3 likes this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

most of us have been waiting for a starting caliber wing ala ariza or a healthy lmm since they left. but that still has not been replaced. the only thing with house is the hope that he can turn out to be that guy but the truth is nobody knows what houston is getting.

riko likes this.
  3. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

House contributed in four out of five games against Utah.

Let's not forget that Austin rivers called in sick during the Utah series so house didn't have much to loose as an undrafted player getting his random opportunity to shine. HOUSE actually had everything to gain after Austin rivers claimed To be injuried early in the Utah series.

Iman only contributed in maybe two games out of the playoffs and his contributions were really in a losing effort.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

are you just repeating what you posted the page before. you can say it how ever many times you want. house was horrible in the playoffs. the only hope is he can turn it around bc again nobody has come in as a replacement

5. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

House has a stronger position in the dantoni small ball system than Iman and the 10 million he signed for reflects the value.

Shumpert hasn't

6. nomiz1987

nomiz1987 Member

I dunno, being hurt shouldn't excuse him from making bone headed plays and bad rotations. I could excuse his 3 point bricks if he was hurt, but going for long twos? Again and again? Missed rotations? Nah you can't excuse that. Low IQ

YOLO likes this.
  7. YOLO

YOLO Member

what does that have to do with anything being discussed? lol absolutely nothing.

So at the time IS had a stronger position then bc he was making $11 million for the year. House needs 3 years of play to even get that. nice use of logic you got there.

8. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Never really like shumpert game to me. In Cleveland the dude played off LeBron with few steals here and there but little to no key rebounding.

Mike Miller was better in Cleveland than shumpert in my opinion!

Them first and second year drafted players in Sacramento was better than shumpert too. That's my opinion .

Sadboy and saleem like this.
  9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

The only time Shumpert contributed anything of note was prior to getting injured with the Knicks.

10. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Shumpert poured in buckets in couple games , no lie.

I thought shumpert was better than Donovan mitchell on jazz which is why I'm surprised shumpert was not in fiba!

11. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

The danuel house dunk on Draymond greene back in 2018 when house played for the phoenix suns was truly epic and one the ages to enjoy!

Threw the ball off the backboard to dunk on green, a 10 million dollar dunk!

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The Shumpert trade was a seminal moment because it was the moment that confirmed Tilman was going to be a terrible owner.

bulkatron likes this.