1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Imagine if the Rockets had been able to keep Ariza and add Melo...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Juxtaposed Jolt

Joke's on you. Can't miss open 3s if you never take them.

[​IMG]

2. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

At the start of every year I always say Houston needs to move on from Ariza. His shooting was always too inconsistent and wasn't too confident with him finishing on drives. I was however, super impressed with his play against the Warriors and his defense on Durant. Durant still got his and Ariza still had stretches of god awful offense and shooting, but he played hard every minute. I'm not happy to see him go, he played a lot of minutes for a lot of successful seasons for us, on top of the fact that he was tight with both CP3 and James, but what he brought to the team was going to regress with age and he's definitely around that age for that to happen. I'm glad it wasn't a dramatic exit and he got his money.

I see no reason why Ennis can't match what Ariza brought for us. Is he as good as Ariza? To say yes would be uneducated; he hasn't given us any reason to say that. But he will HOPEFULLY have an opportunity this year to prove that he can be. Take into account the fact that he is 5 years younger than Trevor, and he is playing on a minimum contract with the option to hit free agency next year so he knows he has to produce to get paid; its definitely not impossible for him to replace Ariza completely.

My only concern is he doesn't get the proper opportunity with the addition of Melo. But I'll just keep my faith in our coaching staff. They did everything right last year, including changing up the starting line up mid season, so I'll say we'll be ok until we're not.

clutchdabear, YaoMing#1, jcf and 2 others like this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

its refreshing to see a fair take every once in awhile

MONON, jcf and hakeem94 like this.
  4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Imagine if Chris Paul didn't get injured in game 5.

Imagine if Bob Sura stayed healthy and became Jason Kidd mixed with Russell Westbrook.

Imagine if Royce White became the next Dennis Rodman.

5. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Imagine if we had a 24 year old Lebron James/ Candance Parker offspring or Tecmo Bowl Bo Jackson

6. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

What if before the deadline we were able to trade Ryan Anderson for Trevor Ariza? It's not going to happen but I figure if we're pointlessly speculating about hypothetical scenarios here I might as well throw some word vomit around too.

deb4rockets likes this.
  7. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

and imagine if this year he doesn't sit out or miss 28% of the games due to rest or injury like the last two seasons, and actually stays healthy during the entire playoffs.

Williamson likes this.
  8. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Imagine if......................we actually wake up tomorrow and don't see yet one more Melo thread.

9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Imagine if the NBA followed the XFL and became the XBA.

Imagine if MCW wins MIP.

Imagine if Bobby Brown returns to the end of the bench.

10. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Now that would be an unexpected surprise.

Williamson likes this.
  11. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

[​IMG]

clutchdabear likes this.
  12. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

the media STILLLLLL would have it's narrative in place. They would have made a negative aura regardless. Embrace ....be petty when they are proven wrong again

13. Fantasma Negro

Imagine no possessions. I wonder if you can. No need for greed or hunger, a brotherhood of man. Imagine all the people sharing all the world, you.You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope some day you'll join us, and the world will be as one

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

imagine if we become much better without ariza who is a below average player on offense

YaoMing#1 likes this.
  16. Know Your Role

17. theimpossibles1

Phx giving $15mil to Ariza is such a Phx move. Poor, poor Phx.

don grahamleone likes this.
  18. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

DeAnthony Melton IS a future HOFer. What's your point?

Plowman likes this.