1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Imagine how good we would be if Morey had not botched the offseason

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JCDenton, Nov 13, 2014.

1. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

Polite and cordial while calling Morey brainless? .....ok

2. bigben69

bigben69 Member

Is this thread for real? So many bad threads now days =(

3. photojoe

photojoe Member

I'm sorry OP. But this is a terrible thread.

Morey made some mistakes. Sure. Every GM has.

But think about it. It seems like he had to let Parsons out of his contract. Parsons gets a huge contract, and in the very limited time that Morey had to decide what to do, he goes out and finds a player who fits our needs better for half the price. Think about that. In a limited timeframe, he finds a better fit at a better price. That's incredible.

At midnight the night of free agency, the reports are that Morey met with Kyle Lowry first. But Kyle Lowry didn't want to come to Houston, he chose to stay in Toronto. I'm not sure where you are coming up with this idea that we could have gotten Lowry.

It was a roller coaster offseason. We had a well televised swing and a miss, and the national media said that we botched everything and might even miss the playoffs. But I think we are slowly proving that Morey recovered nicely and definitely did not botch that offseason.

4. CertifiedTroll

Ok. So if the Rockets heard that Bosh had interest in coming here, and we did not create cap space for him, how do you think the Rockets community would have taken it. The free agents botched this off season, not Morey.

5. RudyT43

RudyT43 Member

I don't know how you can say that'd we'd be good if we'd kept parsons because we would not have a large amount of the players we have now for cap reasons. I like what blacks been doing, but I'm going to echo the sentiments of past posts and gamble his inexperience will be taken advantage of down the road. Would not mind trading capela
    for mozgov and let black develop down in the valley. Think this team is one more legit backup big man to be a complete threat

6. Zbed

Zbed Member

I think Morey botched the offseason........and then quickly fixed our offseason with the Ariza signing cause if we missed out on Ariza too who knows where we'd be.

7. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

8. shtinkee

shtinkee Member

This is cherry-picking and spinning facts to suit your narrative, just to hate on Morey for the sake of hating Morey.

I understand when a public figure who you don't like gets accolades you think he doesn't deserve. It can be tough to admit you're wrong, especially when it's about someone involved in an organization and sport you hold dear.

As many have pointed out, Daryl Morey isn't perfect, and has made mistakes. However, I appreciate his tenacity and his humility, and I wouldn't take him over any GM in the league right now.

9. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

NO GRAPHS?

DID NOT READ

Goodbye.

10. treeman

treeman Member

This is one of those threads that makes me wish I could neg rep.

11. Centerville

Centerville Member

I like the thread rating system in general, but allow me to lodge a complaint. It should be "Turrible" instead of "Terrible."

12. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

JCDenton is one of those trolls that purposely provoke for reactions. Either treat him like the jester he is and laugh off his intended provocation or ignore him. Either way, your intelligence will thank you. If you have doubts about my claim, simply search back in his posts and take a look at his wild claims of being a statistics genius and ludicrous graphs. If you feed trolls, they get bigger and bolder. If you ignore them, they go away because their type of loser personality demands attention.

13. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

14. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Morey should have kept our core of Scola, Kevin Martin, and Budinger together.

Not 1... not 2 ... not 3...

15. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

He didn't botch the offseason?

He swung for another homerun and struck out. Yeah.
    But he still significantly improved the tean. Ariza, Terry, Papanikoloaou,
    Etc.

16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

More like Morey took two huge swings and misses, then choked up on the bat and gutted out an infield single.

By the way, JCDenton is a well-known troll of the worst order. I am only stopping into this crap thread to deliver its richly deserved one star.

17. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

How did this get to 75 posts...**** 76 now :( sorry for feeding the...

18. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Hey Look!! Someone gets it.

Not sure which is worse, the childish troll who started this thread or the people who don't have enough snap to realize when a thread does not deserve to be taken seriously.

Hey JC, 7-1 while being statistically one of the best teams in the league so far is not a good time for your character to return with his patented moron magnet thread, it just makes you look even more clueless than you really are.

19. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Wait I thought we were 7-1?

Upgrade at the backup PF and C spot and we are good

20. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Imagine how good we would be if JC Denton was prom king and I was a girl and I was prom queen and someone poured a bucket of blood on my head and I got mad and used mental powers to make the heads of all the Dallas Mavericks explode and then JC Denton dunked it from the three point line, every single play.