1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I'm wondering what's gonna fall on KG

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by singer, Mar 16, 2008.

1. singer

singer Member

It seems the God of basketball is recently betting on Rockets' winning. Dirk, West, Paul, all the big men inside were magically disabled JUST BEFORE the game, so that the yaoless team is fighting with equivalents.

I'm not being evil but I'm just curious about that's gonna happen now with KG. To me these bigmen's falling is what really means to me by

"what amazing happens"

2. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

Ray Allen might be out for this game. So there you go.

3. mw_mw

mw_mw Member

Will Landry play against Boston???

4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Garnett doesn't really dominate around the basket anyways. He'll still be a tough cover because of his rebounding and ability to shoot over our PFs.

For some reason, Boston doesn't scare me like a lot of the elite Western teams. Maybe I'm just not as familiar with losing to them.

5. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Is the Ray out official?

6. xiudou@cn

xiudou@cn Member

I have the same worry like you. We never meet a real bigman in the W streak. Battier can stop Kobe, but no way against KG. Fortunately, we have Mutombo. Maybe we need him to play 30 mins next game.

7. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

I don't wanna wish injury to KG, so maybe he'll just have a huge emotional breakdown before the game. That guy cries too much on TV.

8. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

They play the Spurs the night before. They could be exhausted when they play us.

9. gaming

gaming Member

Haha.... Actually this question was in my mind for two days. A lot of people said we were cursed when Yao was out. but during this Yao Ming less streak, good teams were also missing the top or the second scorer.

That is kind of funny.

10. rocketman1979

rocketman1979 Contributing Member

it would be sad if they used that as an excuse after we beat them :D

11. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

Oh, they will. Either that or the officiating will be to blame. You've never seen a more annoying fan in your life until you've seen a Celtics fan try to explain away a loss to a quality Western Conference team, as opposed to celebrate a 50-point win over the Knicks.

I have no objections to the Spurs setting the table for us the night before.

12. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

Battier v. KG, no. BUT Chuckwagon v. KG, YEAH! I believe the Chuckwagon will come to play Tuesday night!

13. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

KG is the one player in the league who makes Chuck look like a punk. I think it has to do with KG's length and the fact he may be the only elite PF in the league who can get by Chuck at will off the dribble.

Now for the good news. We don't have to rely on Chuck anymore. This team can mix and match so much with Scola/Hayes/Harris/Landry(?) that we have plenty of fouls to use on KG and 4 very different players to keep KG from getting into a rhythm.

14. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Yeah, Garnett has a really good post game but he is skinny enough that our small "bigs" can handle him. I'm more worried about guys with more weight. As weird as it sounds the heavy guys like Shaq, Dwight, and Sheed scare me more because we don't have any one person who plays alot of minutes that can stop them. Yao usually played his best against those types of players and that is where we'll miss him most.

15. tear1px

tear1px New Member

OK let's watch for this. And if it happens
    hey man,go out and check out if the God is flying above the TOYOTO centre.

16. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Well, isn't Ray Allen already listed as questionable?

I WANT kg to play ...so after we beat them down all the analysts don't make more excuses for our winning streak.

17. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

yeah, allen is out for a week

18. dionysus180

dionysus180 Member

sorry to say allen out ,but we are rox than every tean should be equal team for us with yao out!

19. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

I'm lookin for rafer to dismantle Rondo...that guy just doenst look right to me, Battier on KG, and let aaron brookes run cassells old bones out the building, no way he keeps up with brooks, KG is gonna get his regarless, then who do we have to worry about? scalabrini?

20. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

You don't wish injuries upon players from other teams. Ever.