1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I'm sorry to say this but we need T-Mac

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Someguy1229, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

In our last game against the suns we came out with a lot of energy. Threes were practically raining from the sky. We made the Suns look like fools. They weren't expecting this from a team that didn't have any true stars.

They soon adjusted and brought the game tight in the second quarter. Jason Richardson and Amare were too much to handle at the time. They couldn't be stopped so the game went to halftime with the score at 55-52. The Rockets had the slim lead which was once a spectacular one.

The third quarter was quite a battle, lead changes left and right. It was a great quarter to watch these two teams do battle in such a closely contested game.

Then the fourth quarter came along. It was much of the same in the fourth as it had been in the third quarter. Lead changes and great basketball.

The Rockets had just tied the game with a Carl Landry jump shot with three minutes remaining in the game.

After that, no one could hit a shot. We had a possession when we had three chances to tie or take the lead. Chuck Hayes was doing his best and grabbed two offensive boards but no one hit a shot.

The Suns proceeded to beat us with great defense and impressive scoring.

The reason we lost this game is because we have no "go to scorer" when the game is on line.

I am sorry but we need Tracy McGrady. This board may not like him one bit but no one can deny that the man is clutch.

I think we all remember when he scored 13 points in 35 seconds against the Spurs.
    He worked very hard over the summer to get back into shape from two surgeries. And if he is true to his word and is done battling these annoying injuries. He is the key we need to go from a very good team to a great team.

2. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

so he debuts tomorrow?

3. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

my goodness, how many tmac threads do we need? you can say this in any of the 3-4 tmac threads on the front page.

4. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

You should be sorry.

5. Landlord Landry

I'm sorry to say this but I really need a cheeseburger.

6. redao

redao Member

sorry. we don't but we do need to get his $23M back.

7. Seth

Seth Member

But we need his cap space more.

8. Seth

Seth Member

Lol you said Tmac is clutch.. didn't noticed it.

I have another one. He has a lot of heart and always support his coach and teammates.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Why do we need a low 40% shooter?

If our team made shots they win tonight.

We need a rebounding center more than we need a volume shooting wing.

DD

10. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Same crap you always type. Don't you get tired of coming into every T-mac thread and saying the same things over and over, we get it you don't like T-mac.

I am willing to make a sig bet with you that if he comes back healthy we are going to be a much better team. Yes he is a volume shooter, but he also draws double teams and he has great court vision. Having T-mac on the team will make Brooks and Ariza's job easier and also it might face out Battier who we all know needs to get his minutes reduced [I still love you Shane :)] and Chase will get even more open looks.

11. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

tmac does more than take shots. he's an amazing playmaker! he creates so well for other people. imagine tmac driving, drawing a double team, and dishing it to chase budinger for 3!

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

How does that help the team rebound? Or, guard other team's bigs?

Not saying Tmac does not help, he does, but it is silly to think he helps that much.....

This team has GLARING weaknesses, and it is not at the wing position.

DD

13. FR0497

FR0497 Member

We need a closer more than anything. Though a rebounding center is more easily attainable and realistic.

14. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Fixed!

15. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Tmac deserves more one chance with the rockets.

The rockets have played more than 10 games. I think we have known who our team are. We wouldn't be a contender. We need to develop our young players and let them gain playoffs experience so that we can be ready to contend when Yao is back next season. To do that, first, we need to make the playoffs. Without Tmac, the rockets are a marginal playoff team, may or may not make the playoffs. With him, we will have a higher chance to make the playoffs.

16. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I'm on board. We need him back. We're doing exactly what I was hoping for and that's hovering around 500.

Mcgrady can get us over the hump. I suspect a lot of crow eating coming up very soon.

17. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

YES WE DO!!!!!!!!! NOW SOONER THAN LATER. He must learn to play the new team game. :p

18. T-macsterful1

T-macsterful1 Member

ummm, goodbye trevor ariza, aaron brooks and shane battier then. It's not like adding him to the roster for a little while to see if we can actually make this work we destroy our chances at a ship this year, gosh. Sure it might ruin the chemistry but really whats the difference between winning 35 games and not making the playoffs and winning 45 games and not making the playoffs?

respect? please. I love this team to death but this team has done nothing to earn my respect expect preform well in the regular season for the last 15 years. The main difference between us and t-mac (yes I'm not including him with the rockets) is that he can preform when it really really matters, he can make the decision none of our guys seem to be able too.

Sure, he was injured but the way I see it, the team isn't gonna have a meteoric rise this season, even if we get in a groove guess what, other teams do to and they have their Kobe's, Ben Gordons, Nashs, Amares, and Chris Pauls....We have trevor ariza and Aaron brooks, Clutch isn't a skill you pick up as the season goes on, Ariza isn't going to become an amazing closer after the allstar break. It took Kobe 6-7 years with his legendary work ethic to become the closer he is today.

The team is literally in no worse a position with t-mac playing then without. Once other teams key in our game plan by midseason and go single coverage and close out on shooters we're over. Face it, we need something from Tracy Mcgrady, sooner or later he's going to need to step on the court and show that he can still close games out, that he can still score 30 occasionally. If you want anything for him that's what'll take.

So lets just be done with the t-mac talk and wish him luck while he works on returning. We can all look forward to his preformance on the court, whether some of you want him to fail ( I can't understand how any human being wishes that on a person) or like me want to see him succeed. I want Kobe to have that competitive fire in his eyes when he guards t-mac again.

19. Seth

Seth Member

Yes we are not a contender, we are just 6th seed in the west having played 9 of 11 games with .500 or better teams and 7 against (last year) playoff teams.
    We suck, we would have beaten LA twice, Portland twice, Utah, Phoenix and Dallas with TMac, he is that good. (yet it didn't happen the last 5 years)

20. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

truthfully i only clicked on this post because i made a deal with myself that i would only order jimmy johns if it was the advertizement on a clutchfans site...i win again

but anyways, yes we do need tmac, or a "tmac" aka confident scorer, i have always loved tracy, but i, as a realist, find it hard to believe he will be able to make an impact this season after coming off such an injury. i hope he does, i really do hope he does, but it doesn't seem likely (please prove me wrong). if he is able to play, than our big time success, imo, hinges on whether or not he can play within the system for 44 or whatever minutes of the game, and be that go to guy for the last 4.

i am a pessimistic, superstitious viewer, i feel that my mere mention of a good thing will taint any success they might achieve, so i say this daringly, i have heard people say these are nobodies, playing at high levels with a lot of intensity, but some of these guys have what it takes to be the next
    "tmac" i.e. carl landry, i'd like to see him get more pt and continue to develop his game, he could be that go to guy down the stretch if tmac can't make a full recovery.

that's all : /