1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I'M SO SICK OF LATE GAME STUPID 3s

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LosPollosHermanos, Feb 9, 2019.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

i understand smart 3s, but off balance chucking costs us big.

Looking at you especially EGO and Green

2. Rox11

Rox11 Member

He clearly doesn’t like okc length and didn’t want to attack the rim...

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. dischead

dischead Member

Most of the defenders had 5 fouls and he just made a floater. We didn't need a 3

4. jacoby

jacoby Member

The last time I tried to criticize Harden for his late-game execution I got shat on by the boards.

His decision-making in the clutch is poor. Period. It's why he has the reputation of being a playoff underperformer. He hits tough shots throughout the game, but fadeaway 28 footers with a defender in your face at the end of the shotclock can only take you so far.

5. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Lazy bs. I expect to hear about Harden's bum shoulder now.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Nothing wrong with criticism he’s an ALL TIME great. But he’s not playing up to his potential like this. Also it’s not just him, EGO and green especially take stupid 3s. Do it set, off a screen but they’re like 5 feet behind the arc off balance

hakeem94 and fchowd0311 like this.
  7. jacoby

jacoby Member

Their shots are also ridiculous. Especially Green. I don't trust that dude at all in the post-season.

Still, our offense (led by Harden) is ATROCIOUS at the end of games. It takes WAY too long to get into our sets. Teams will have no problem in the playoffs if our late-game strategy is to heave up prayers in the final 2 minutes.

Y2JT and BeardSanity like this.
  8. lkrockets

lkrockets Member

It's true. The efficiency difference between the three and the two doesn't increase the win probability by the same amount in those end-of-game situations as it does when there are lots of possessions left.

bmelo, BasketMAD, smp and 1 other person like this.
  9. SRR21

SRR21 Member

Again I say this a lot Coach has to take control of these games. We give up way to many leads. Up 22 at half when OKC started their run a time out was needed to regroup and get the o going in right direction. If starters not responding sit them. Coach is way too player friendly. Do your job coach the team. Every contender in the league knows the Rockets will let you back in games. These guys have to learn to step on the other teams throats.

10. Ericonomist

Ericonomist Member

By the Law of large numbers threes are more efficient than twos- when you can throw a lot them. But when there’s only one to two possessions left, the three-point shots will basically make the outcome too volatile. In those situations you just want to score.

11. YourSecretLover

Better decisions on shot selections would be nice from the whole team, including Harden. Don't just launch it up when a lengthy defender is draped all over you.

BasketMAD, bj3175 and shvedsucks like this.
  12. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

I get the OPs frustration HOWEVER the “system” and the “analytics” encourage these shots no matter the situation and no matter who is taking the shot. How else do you explain the continuing jacked up 3s at very critical times.

LISTEN to MDA after a game like this...he never talks about bad 3pt shots taken, he talks about not making them

bj3175 likes this.
  13. YallMean

YallMean Member

The 3 pointer is a percentage thing and I get we need to keep shooting it. Like playing black jack, you gotta hit on 16.

But defense. That got us blown out in the philly game. How can a team score so many buckets on us in such short amount of time. We are not talking about they got lucky and hit unbelievable shots. Our defense was nonexistent in the third.

14. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

I'm so sick of the stupid people who celebrate victories before the matches are over. SO SICK!

15. topfive

topfive CF OG

Ooooh, thread title in all caps. OP must be really emotional. :(

Os Trigonum, 1Deep, hakeem94 and 2 others like this.
  16. Stepback3GOOD

Stepback3GOOD Member

Lol harden hit a floater to give us the lead

17. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

I’ve grown to hate EG’s long 3. It’s not like there’s a defender in front of him. Most of the time there’s nobody near him but he just decides to park 3-4 feet beyond the 3pt line and chuck it from there. Step closer you idiot!

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

pisses me off too
    I hate such arrogance .. . that is not the Rocket's way

Humble but hungry

In fact . . .i think they do it just to piss others off
    I don't think they are fans at all
    bandwagoners are best

Rocket River

Tato1971 likes this.
  19. jacoby

jacoby Member

A rare occurrence in crunch-time indeed @Stepback3GOOD.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. Homey the Clown

I hope and pray Harden doesn't regress to this if we make the playoffs. That will only prove the critics right about his overall poor playoff performances.

hakeem94 likes this.