1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I'm likin the los

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Valio!, Feb 3, 2001.

1. Valio!

Valio! Member

I've never been a huge Carlos Rogers fan...but ever since he got helathy he is contributing all over the place! I'd like to see him play more.

------------------
    Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don't know what your rights are, or who you're talking to. Then, on the way out, slame the door

2. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

I have always liked Los' energy. I don't understand why others don't.

------------------
    Cohen

3. tacoma park legend

tacoma park legend Contributing Member

I think we should have played him and Dream at times to combat the twin towers. Los deserves more minutes, bottom line.

------------------

4. JR

JR Contributing Member

The undeniable fact that, based on what the man is doing on the floor, C-Rog deserves far more minutes, really only brings up the issue: why isn't he getting them? There are only 2 logical conclusions:
    1. Rudy does not know basketball
    2. Rudy knows something we do not know
    Frankly I lean toward number 1, but in the interest of fair play number 2 may be the situation. Perhaps Rudy is skeptical about Carlos's ability to be available and/or healthy, sensible if you believe that history(injuries and an unbelievable string of family incidents) is an accurate predictor of the future, and for this reason does not want to give time to a guy who is not going to be a long-term contributor.

I would love to hear what Rudy REALLY thinks about C-Rog, not what he says to the press. If Rudy REALLY has no non-basketball related issues with him, then he will finally have been proved a moron.

And I also want to know what the hell is going on with walt and shandon.

------------------

5. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

"and for this reason does not want to give time to a guy who is not going to be a long-term contributor"

If this is the case, then get Olajuwon out of the game...

Rogers is every bit as good as Olajuwon at this point... Except his jump shooting...

------------------
    Check out my homepage! Loads of sports pics!

http://www.public.asu.edu/~sykim/

6. Valio!

Valio! Member

The guy has been injury-prone ever since we got him. But at the moment, he really has shown to have something the Rockets have been lacking. He's playing with energy and heart AND being effective. That seems to be a rare combo nowadays. When a guy plays like that and is effective - you gotta play him...

------------------
    "One thing computers can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse." - Jack Handy

7. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Carlos should be ahead of Kenny on the substitution patterns. I think he should come in when Dream sits, and Kenny should come in for Taylor. Carlos is tall enough to grab boards that Kenny can't, and he can catch those allyoop passes, unlike Kenny.

------------------
    "Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning how to put food on their family while being put to death."