1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I'm jealous of Orlando

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by 4chuckie, Jun 30, 2000.

1. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

I can't believe they may get both Duncan & Hill. It is great what they did last year with a not very talented team.
    It almost seems like a perfect match with Disney in Orlando having the NBA 2 best guys in town.
    Plus if they do sign both that kind of screws the Bulls, which is always a good thing.

------------------

2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Wait and see if they actually do get them before you get jealous of them. It seems certain mostly because the papers have mentioned it so often, not because there is good reason to think it is likely. Hill and Duncan are exploring their options; that isn't the same as making the switch. I think it would actually be pretty cool if they got those two because they already have good management and a good coach. It'd be nice to see a good team in the East, especially with two nice guys leading them. But let's not get ahead of ourselves.

------------------
    http://www.gaffordstudios.cjb.net/

3. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

I tend to think they may have a strong indication from someone that they can get at least 2 top FAs (maybe E. Jones instead of Duncan). Otherwise I think they would have held onto their draft picks that was sent to the Clippers and just not sign them until they knew for sure. Just a hunch but I think Hill will be there with either Duncan or E. Jones.
    If they don't get a couple of guys then their trade to the Clippers may go down as one of the great blunders.
    But I just think they have something going on for next year.

------------------

4. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

There are rumors that they are trying to land Hill, Duncan AND McGrady. Look out East!

------------------
    HOOP-T
    ------------------

5. Cougar Brass

Cougar Brass Member

Regarding Duncan and Hill, I heard it's all or nothing with Orlando. If Duncan will sign then Hill will too and vice versa. But if one doesn't want to sign, neither will the other. That could be the making of a disaster for Orlando.

------------------
    "Play that funky music white boy."

Six West

6. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

It's not as if they have to spend the money under the cap though (although I doubt they'll be able to low ball their own free agents for too long).

the big question:

Who here honestly thinks that Tim Duncan will leave the Spurs high & dry w/ jack notta to go to Orlando? The boring boy?

If they wanted to sign & trade, what could the Magic give the Spurs now? They traded away most of their prime trade bait to the Clippers. What possible trade would benefit the Spurs? A sign & trade to get an exception and a couple of weak picks? There are probably 20 teams in the NBA that could put together a better trade than the Magic.

There has to be a third team in this scenario, perhaps in want of Doleac or Bo Orlando [​IMG] (Outlaw should change his name), someone with a few decent picks, or an exception.

------------------

7. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Achebe,
    I would leave SA high and dry for the max, 9 mil. per that Timmy can make. Hill too. They can pay both those boys the max. I had heard that Hill and Dunkin' have chatted and would love to play together, so I see them heading to FL soon. If they get McGrady in addition to Tim, Grant, and their newly acquired Mike Miller, they will be a freight train in the East.

------------------
    HOOP-T
    ------------------