1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I'm in a New York Trading Mind .

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MLC1MGC2ALC3, Oct 27, 2003.

1. MLC1MGC2ALC3

MLC1MGC2ALC3 Member

Would NY go for this:

Houston trades: SG Cuttino Mobley (17.5 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 2.9 apg in 41.7 minutes)
    C John Amaechi (2.0 ppg, 1.5 rpg, 0.4 apg in 9.5 minutes)
    PF Eddie Griffin (8.6 ppg, 6.0 rpg, 1.1 apg in 24.5 minutes)
    Houston receives: C Kurt Thomas (14.0 ppg, 7.9 rpg, 2.0 apg in 31.8 minutes)
    PF Othella Harrington (7.7 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 0.8 apg in 25.0 minutes)
    C Michael Doleac (4.4 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 0.6 apg in 13.9 minutes)
    Change in team outlook: -2.0 ppg, +5.5 rpg, and -1.0 apg.

New York trades: C Kurt Thomas (14.0 ppg, 7.9 rpg, 2.0 apg in 31.8 minutes)
    PF Othella Harrington (7.7 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 0.8 apg in 25.0 minutes)
    C Michael Doleac (4.4 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 0.6 apg in 13.9 minutes)
    New York receives: SG Cuttino Mobley (17.5 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 2.9 apg in 73 games)
    C John Amaechi (2.0 ppg, 1.5 rpg, 0.4 apg in 50 games)
    PF Eddie Griffin (8.6 ppg, 6.0 rpg, 1.1 apg in 77 games)
    Change in team outlook: +2.0 ppg, -5.5 rpg, and +1.0 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

NY gets a serviceabe center & a great 6th man to backup Houston. The Big P Word in Eddie

Houstons a starting caliber PF in Thomas , Servicable players at the Pf & Center in Mr. O & Doleac.

Is this trade asking for too much ?

2. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

Just say no to Real GM.

3. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Do you really think anybody wants Griffin right now? Why would NY take Mobley when they have Allan Houston? This trade sucks, it would never happen. Why don't you just put on a basketball videogame and do all the impossible trading you want. We should only talk about real stuff in here.

4. mulletman

mulletman Member

lol!! ouch:eek:

5. MLC1MGC2ALC3

MLC1MGC2ALC3 Member

6. Kingpinmaster

Kingpinmaster Member

Why the hell would we want any of those players from N.Y? We would be giving up way too much. If we are going to give up Mobley and Griffin we better get a lot more in return, either a superstar or two. Plus why would we want Othella Harrington after we got rid of him couple of years ago? That trade wouldd never happen, sorry. Yoy must be a big N.Y. KNICKS fan if you think you can get Mobley and Griffin for Kurt Thomas and Othella two big Scrubs in the NBA, forget it. The Rockets management may be stupid, but not that idiotic......

7. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Trades no good, ill pass, nice try though. We're just giving up to much

8. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

I wouldn't give up Cat in this deal!

9. MLC1MGC2ALC3

MLC1MGC2ALC3 Member

I may have under valued the Cats importants to the team this year. With Pike & JJ able to fill his position I was thinking he could be expendible.

The Power Foward position really scares me, Cato & MoT don't impress me for the long haul of the season.

I read that NY is interested in getting a scoring option & Mr. O is on the trading blocks. I was thinking that NY was giving too much up in this deal.

10. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Mobley & Griffin for a superstar or two? Griffin has been basically labeled untradable (for now), who wants a kid who has re-occuring personal problems and now legal problems? Unfortunately, Mobley doesn't have that great of a trade value we think he has. BTW, adding Kurt Thomas would be a huge addition to our team. A veteran that does the dirty work and already knows JVGs system.

This is no deal for both teams. NYK could get a lot more for those players than Cat, Eddie, Amechi. I believe Toronto offered AD and Morris Peterson for Thomas/Harrington. On the contrary, I think Mobley will stay a Rockets until he proves he can't buy into the system.

EDDIE GRIFFIN IS UNTRADABLE, NO TEAM WANTS THE KID RIGHT NOW, AND I DON'T THINK ANY TEAM WANTS AMECHI ANYWAYS.

11. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

What if we sweeten the pot with Mooch and a 2010 second round pick?

12. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Waste of time!

13. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

MLC1MGC2ALC3, you never give up do you?

Does your crappy trades ever come through? :rolleyes:

14. Parlett316

Parlett316 Contributing Member

15. codell

codell Contributing Member

Reading MLC1MGC2ALC3's trade proposals make me like SANE and HOTTIEDODDIE's trade proposals even more. :p

16. blaqnitti

blaqnitti Member

Although I know that is the popular opinion these days, I am no so sure that I believe that completely.
    He certainly does not have the trade value he once had but several teams would undoubtedly be willing to take a calculated risk on a player of Eddie's size and potential, especially knowing that he can be had for cheap.

17. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

Either one is better than any in this trade.

18. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I like Kurt Thomas and the Rockets need a PF/C type player to backup Yao and Cato. Taylor is not a JVG type player. I would do a trade with New York for the following.

Griffin/Mobley/Norris

for

Kurt Thomas/Charlie Ward

I don't think NY would do it until the Griffin thing gets resolved. Also, NY has Alan Houston so I don't really know what they would do with Mobley.

19. Austin70

Austin70 Contributing Member

JUST SAY NO TO CRACK

I am sick of proposed trades