1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ill-respect of ones believes/justifications

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rox11, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Carrying on from the Tim Duncan thread please continue anything you would like to say here.

2. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Might want to give a recap for those that missed it.

3. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Stating how its alright to be racist or racist particularly to muslims but be pro gay at the same time..
    doesnt make sense to me

4. likestohypeguy

Some of those guys in that thread needed to log off & watch tonight's episode of "What would you do?" instead.

Tonight they were teaching how it's not only not okay to discriminate against the GBLT community, but how you're also just as bad if you don't stand up & fight on their behalf as well. Did the same thing with a comedian (Rich Voss) getting racist during a fake set. I didn't catch the rest of the episode, because I already know what to do in most of these situations, but it's good PC training for those who don't know better. FIGHT!

5. Rox11

Rox11 Member

But how do you fight for something if you don't support it lol?

6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why would anyone not support gay marriage being legally allowed?

That's different than forcing churches to marry same sex couples, or saying any straight person would be forced into a gay marriage.

To not allow two consenting adults who love each other not to be receive the same benefits of other consenting adults who love each other is indeed discrimination.

7. Rox11

Rox11 Member

But the gay debate goes into a completely different spectrum then just racism and discrimination.
    Discrimination and racism to me is when you don't like a certain type of culture or country, but at the same time you don't have to be racist to just not like those people, for lets say reasons about how they rub off on you.
    Gay people have been talked about in Religion as a wrong doing, and that's very big on people but lets say you just don't support it, so how can you generalize to everybody that pro gay is right?

8. FishBulb913

How can you just say you don't like a race or culture because they "rub you the wrong way" and say with a straight face that it is not discrimination/racism? :confused:

9. Rox11

Rox11 Member

So no one in this world bugs you is what you are saying? If i say this guy was rude to me does that make me a racist?

10. FishBulb913

Individual people, absolutely. But you are talking about a whole race/sexuality/religion

11. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Then i would be making a generalization. What if even with giving a certain group a clean slate every time they still urke you, what is that then?

12. FishBulb913

Lying to yourself and discrimination.

13. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Okay if you say so, so lets just let a type of people crap on us all the time but still love them! You must have not felt racism much if at all to know the defensiveness you attract without noticing.

14. FishBulb913

Who is crapping on you all the time? What are these specific groups doing to you personally? Educate me please.

15. Rox11

Rox11 Member

There are many different issues a person can face, whether it be personality issues from others or discrimination. Going back to the muslim issue, if you are a muslim and faced the racism they faced then how would your take be on whites and majority of people in this country as a whole?

16. FishBulb913

I never disagreed with you that muslims are mistreated in this country. I would like to think that that doesn't mean that all muslims that have been mistreated hate all white people, if that is what you are suggesting.

17. Rox11

Rox11 Member

What im referring too is the people who have been discriminated on, have a much diff story to tell then people who haven't gotten the bad end of the stick.

Countries/Religion - If you hate them then that's racism.
    Gays - If you are indifferent to them or just don't support them but keep it to yourself is not racism, you are not obliged to support them because is anyone forcing you to support all the religions in the world?

18. Rox11

Rox11 Member

To clarify, if i don't support them/don't care is not racist.

19. FishBulb913

I think we are not understanding each other so I'm just going to walk away now.

20. Rox11

Rox11 Member

If most peoples psychology, like my friend who i was arguing with a few weeks back was...
    How can you hate on gays (what is the difference between them and you)
    I said i'm just indifferent/don't support them. I will not attend a pride parade ect.
    So i turned it around and said to him what is the diff between you and muslims?
    He states because they are yelling "In the name of GOD!" and killing people.

My take on it-
    Just because you do not support something does not make you a racist.
    If you channel hate towards it then that's when it becomes discrimination.

Just because i am not fighting for states to make same marriage legal does not make me a horrible person.