1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Iko] Frustrations, nothing more- multiple sources on record including players

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Kelly EeekGoooo

don grahamleone likes this.
  2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Tim McMahon....NAME THEM

justtxyank and RocketsFan247 like this.
  3. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

Vincent Goodwill had way too much to leave on the table to not post that inflammatory article and then double down on it on television. 1. Professional recognition 2. The Rockets' looking worse than they are. Dude is slime and sleeze. If you really sit and think about what just happened, you'l realize there are media members actively going out of their way to throw their weight on the NBA landscape. It's absurd and he should absolutely get flamed all season. Can't stand it when someone who comes off as credible in their work and later shows he was actually lazy and cutting corners at the expense of others.

D-rock likes this.
  4. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Gee... sounds like players were complaining about all the iso and lack of ball movement all season... just like many of us have been doing...

Maybe @jordnnnn can go in and explain to the players why they are wrong... lol

J.R. likes this.
  5. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

I seen this coming sooner or later when the report came out about.....something to the effect that Curry asked Harden why the team plays this way. Harden said it what they want him to do and that he doesn'tnt want to play this way. Something like that.

Glad this is settled (for one more season) and hopefully all our players can focus on trying to win. I believe cooler heads prevailed when the team realized how wide open the West could be and the media inisted on trying to make something out of nothing to undermind this teams chance.

BamBam likes this.
  6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think @jordnnnn could easily do that.

“Hey guys, we don’t move the ball because you are either a call up GLeague player, or you have no ability to make a play with the basketball, hence we let James Harden do that for you so we can make the playoffs. Got it? Good.”

I’d like to see Clint/Tucker/Gordon/House/Ennis/Clark, etc disagree. That’s rich...

Denovo, jordnnnn and kjayp like this.
  7. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Naw man... you gotta quote efficiency statistics to make it sing... and point out what other teams are doing in 'todays NBA'... lol

but dang... even gonna bring back Ennis to make him listen to the speech?

jordnnnn likes this.
  8. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

I'm not going to be contentious because at the end of the day, I understand and respect that you have to be careful about what you say. I produce content/media too and am not acting like I would be able to do it different than you if I were in your particular spot.

We can talk semantics all day, but from your editor all the way to the top, everyone knows what's best for them. That's the constant struggle within any organization in the business of selling media space for money and using that money to produce content. Something we haven't solved yet as a society. My comment was not personal by any means.

9. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

ESPN will stop reading at "Frustrations" and run with it.

10. MystikArkitect

Looking forward to the Vincent Goodwill piece:

Why Kelly Iko Has To Say It’s Frustrations and Nothing More About the Rockets

11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Long live REAL journalism!

12. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I bet the Rockets come out next year same squad plus a new player or 2 to the rotation.

And I also would bet that they win 58+ games and nab the 1 seed and get to the WCF against Denver.

Can they beat Kawhi led raps or the bucks in the finals? I don’t know but I do think baring a harden injury the Rockets will be in the finals next year.

All this negativity is almost to perfect for the upcoming season.

I’m being optimistic but I also think we have a team full for vets who at the end of the day want to win and if on the team will put the difference aside and ball out.

If we can just retain house and rivers while adding a true backup big this team will be fine.

We went 42-15 after the 11-14 start and that 42-15 was with cp3 Gordon and Capela all missing 8+ game apiece.

That’s basically a 60 win pace and we also lost a lot of games we should have won.

Roc Paint likes this.