1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Iko] Frustrations, nothing more- multiple sources on record including players

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jun 19, 2019.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

https://theathletic.com/1032166/201...and-the-strain-on-houstons-backcourt-dynamic/
    @KellyUnchained

s3ts, BigMaloe, Ramo$e and 23 others like this.
  2. topfive

topfive CF OG

Finally, a report from someone who actually knows the team and the players.

s3ts, Mazulis, Williamson and 18 others like this.
  3. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

4. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

@KellyUnchained dropping truth bombs

media be like "she didn't get the agenda"

Kornel87 and LFE171 like this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Lotta loose lips for just "aww shucks we lost we just want to win frustration." :D

I guess the Warriors leaks should be starting any day now.

CometsWin likes this.
  6. JW86

JW86 Member

Good. Still I don’t mind negative publicity per se as these supposed changes are just talk. Just like what Morey and Tilman like to do so until they learn their lesson, keep it coming. CP3 and Harden can handle it and actually use the negative press for motivation and also don’t really care.

7. jboslett

jboslett Member

Kelly's a guy.

jacoby, BigMaloe, Williamson and 5 others like this.
  8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Tfor3, tamericus, tonyt8605 and 36 others like this.
  9. Mr Chuck Norris

you're trying so hard to believe this is true

10. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

11. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Chris: We need to change our style of play. Less Iso and more team movement. This will help you out too, James.
    Eric: Yea I agree. Maybe it'll make us all..happier.
    PJ: I'm down for whatever
    Clint: Can I still keep my blonde patch?
    James: Sure we can do that but are you going to miss less than 10 games Chris? How about you, Eric? Do we have to wait until April for you to actually get hot?
    Chris: Man you know that's not something I can control. We just want to have more ball movement.
    James: I'm cool with that-I really am. But we go into a system with more ball movement and, for some reason, you go down for 10-15 games. What are we going to do while you're out?
    Eric: We can still run the same system
    Clint: Yea I can still catch.....lobs?
    PJ: Shut up, Clint
    James: Okay we run the same system, fine. Then what happens when you're out too Eric? All I'm saying is that we can run a system with more ball movement, that's fine. We do that and then, boom, our team goes down with injuries so then we switch it back to me doing all of the work. We go back to Iso-James until you guys come back from injury and go back to the first system? Do we have time to get you guys back up to speed, work your way back to playing shape?
    Chris: I'm just trying to find another way for us to be successful where it doesn't involve you having to take every shot.
    Clint: Maybe I can shoot 3s?
    PJ: Shut up, Clint

Spacemoth, amaru, noppeper and 17 others like this.
  12. J.R.

J.R. Member

And you're trying so hard to believe "ahh nothing to see here. All is well. #RunItBack #RunAsOne"

Yeah, I do believe there's some truth to these reports. And?

Big bad mean media trying to take down the Rockets who haven't won anything in 24 years.

"Rockets took the Warriors to the most games & were closest to taking them down. Media doesn't want to see it."
    "Rockets are now the favorites in the West, are gonna win a title and the media doesn't want it. They want the Lakers."

EL OH ****ING EL.

As @Os Trigonum likes to say, "media conspiracy". Hey @Os Trigonum, do you think Adam Silver instructed the media to take down James Harden & ruin his career, ruin the Rockets?

xiki, BeardNation13 and cheke64 like this.
  13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Michael-Kenneth-Williams-Oh-No-Doubt.gif

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

apollo33 and Os Trigonum like this.
  15. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’m hoping multiple players on the team attack loser Goodwill and try to destroy his credibility...this nobody coming out of nowhere with “sources” trying to paint things as being far worse than they really are

I hate clout chasing like this...Goodwill needs to get handled

BigMaloe, Ramo$e, RichieBanks and 2 others like this.
  16. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

As usual, people are going to believe what they want to believe, regardless if it’s factual or not. Personally I think the majority of the media piggy-back off each other without having real sources to verify the information! If it’s juicy, they’re all going to bite on it ... dysfunctional/hostile/trade rumors are marketing bonanza! If you don’t believe me, just look at how Clutchfans lights up when these rumors are first presented.

Fake news is real news to somebody...o_O

Go Rockets !!!

17. Vivi

Vivi Member

Man i just can't wait till all this will be a thing of the past, in one way or another.

Mr Chuck Norris likes this.
  18. Mr Chuck Norris

you have got to be a robot.

19. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Yeah honestly I don't believe him (Iko). I know he frequents the board, but he has a real job and has to keep his access, so most likely the Rockets told him to do this. If you're reading, it's ok man I understand you have to do it.

I believe CP3 wants out, but only if it's to a better city/situation. I think Harden wants him out too and although it's a real cold move, from a basketball perspective he would be absolutely right that Paul's contract/decline is the biggest risk to him being able to win a championship. I think Morey tried to shop him and there were no opportunities. Tilman obviously is always on the money-saving side.

Messy situation. Could explode, could resolve. 1 year and a few months ago you would have laughed if someone told you the Raptors would be champions.

LosPollosHermanos and Gray_Jay like this.
  20. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Nah, @J.R. used to just post the news, now he rides the highest of highs and the lowest of lows. After this all clears up, he'll be happy again. For now, just enjoy vintage Pre D'Antoni J.R.

BigM and Mr Chuck Norris like this.