1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[IKO] Free Agency News (TONS OF GOOD INFO!)-Rockets "extremely confident" about Butler

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jun 27, 2019.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

https://theathletic.com/1047290/201...-free-agency-agents-primer-players-to-pursue/

Holy crap @KellyUnchained dropping bombs

On Faried: Faried is the unlikeliest of the bunch to return. There was a disconnect between him and the coaching staff, and his displeasure with lack of playing time wasn’t addressed in the most fashionable manner. There have been rumblings of his relationship, or lack thereof, with Coach Mike D’Antoni, and that there’s no way Faried will return.

Rivers: Rivers has long spoken of his happiness playing in Houston, but there will be far more lucrative offers elsewhere. It’s 50/50 on him to return, but team sources are already resigned that keeping Rivers and Faried would be difficult because of the market and that other teams are able to offer more. Both players went from bad experiences to good ones, and Houston would be happy to see them get paydays elsewhere.

Shump and Green: The same goes for Shumpert, although there are those who suggest the Rockets offer Shumpert a higher figure later into free agency, assuming they strike out on other targets. The purpose of the Shumpert move would be to use it as trade bait in the regular season. Green is loved in the organization, and it’s hard to see him elsewhere, so another veteran’s minimum contract makes sense.

Jimmy Butler: The Rockets are extremely confident in landing Butler. Team sources not only believe the Rockets have a good shot to land the Texas native but also that they have a firm place in the lead for him. Should Butler give a clear indication that he wants to join forces with Paul and Harden, Morey would make the necessary moves to land him and present a four-year, $140.6 million contract.

More at the link...

2. justtxyank

You guys need to get the athletic and read this piece.

Lots of info including a huge nugget here about DeAndre Jordan:

3. tc0330

tc0330 Member

keep em coming

c1utchfan925, Highlyrated and Ramo$e like this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Is The Athletic a pro Houston source?

Because I think majority of optimistic articles are from there.

Status moved from 'confident' to 'extremely confident'.

#4 daywalker02, Jun 27, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

thank God I took a day off today because this news would’ve had me at work like

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Iko is connected. It could just be the Rockets projecting confidence but man they seem to be gaining a ton of steam on the Butler front. That being said, if Philly offers the five year max I find it hard to believe he would turn it down.

D-rock, SWTsig, hakeem94 and 3 others like this.
  7. LUK3

LUK3 Member

I’d love to see Jordan back home. Always been a fan of him, and would surely bring the strength that Capela lacks.

8. Vivi

Vivi Member

9. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The Athletic is not, they have a ton of different writers and don't seem to have any kind of agenda yet, they are new. That being said, Kelly Iko is a Houston specific reporter and is very pro Houston. Almost all his Houston reporting is extremely positive.

10. BALLhog 247 365

Damn most of the roster would be made up local boys: DJ, Butler, Green, House

Will make that championship even sweeter

11. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

They are as close to unbiased as you can get, is all.

Iko is the Houston representative tho.

12. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I could never be like this at work because these small children are substantially better dancers than I have ever been in my life.

I'd be more like:

[​IMG]

c1utchfan925, D-rock, sammy and 24 others like this.
  13. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

Faried, learn some defense before you complain! Unless he's at least an average defender, no championship contender in their right mind will give him significant minutes. Such a loss of potential. SMH

ak99999 likes this.
  14. tc0330

tc0330 Member

IDIOT

jp lmao you excited now?

15. justtxyank

Just so happens that they employ Iko and AB (Rocket guys) PLUS they have the great Sam Amick. Amick isn't pro-Houston, but he's such a good reporter that doesn't put out trash that the Rockets have developed a strong relationship with him. They give him all of their stories.

D-rock, sammy, Gray_Jay and 5 others like this.
  16. Reeko

Reeko Member

YES!! I love it!! Harden is also H-Town to the bone in my eyes as well.

17. PullUpJ

PullUpJ Member

Does anyone mind posting the full article?

18. tc0330

tc0330 Member

i love this

19. foggy94

foggy94 Member

In a S+T it would probably be the 5 year max right? Or is that not allowed in an S+T?

20. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

They also have shams, whos amazing. Other great guys like Danny leroux, even if he tilts a bias towards gsw.

They collected a strong team of smart and informed people.

D-rock and dmoneybangbang like this.