1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

IG: Jimmy Butler In Houston, Drives Past "Be Someone" Into Heavy Traffic

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TipsyDixit, Jun 18, 2019.

1. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

The risk of opting in though is injury and other options in LAC and Philli, I have a question if the Lakers can offer 32 million per year as they are saying via trade of Mbanga, and other rookies how is that enough for a Max for Jimmy butler, Kawhi, Kemba??? Those guys are starting with 35 million dollar sallaries in the hood of 5 year 181 and 4 year 141. That makes 35 million dollars and 38 million dollars respectively per season. In a max can you increase the amount per year to make it work in the end?

2. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think Butler is a good fit, but we he does make us better. With the Warriors on the ropes next season, I don't think we have to be much better. The west is wide open for the first time in a while, we need to go all in. Time to pay luxury tax and trade future first rounders. It sucks with Paul's questionable health, but Morey is likely gone in a few years anyway if we don't get to the finals. Lakers just went all in with their future picks and now they are the favorites according to Vegas.

Hakeemtheking and rockets11206 like this.
  3. BigDikNENE

BigDikNENE Member

So im guessing the sign and trade has to happen before free agency starts? So that means we will know by next weekend if Jimmy is a rocket or not correct?

4. akxninja

akxninja Member

[​IMG][​IMG]OMG, how do you upload an image directly on here? I clicked the insert image button and put url but keeps giving me [​IMG]

5. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

They’d have to thrown in embiid. True PG’a don’t grow on trees.

6. akxninja

akxninja Member

7. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Dont piss off Calvin

charlieaustin and BigggReddd like this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

And the Original Chicago Bull.

9. akxninja

akxninja Member

Calvin would be estatic if Butler came! He'd probably offer him one of his finest suits to get him here

Lawlruschang likes this.
  10. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Suit yes but #23 nope.

charlieaustin likes this.
  11. House Rockets

House Rockets Member

Actually, I just copied and pasted this picture from google. I can't take credit for making it.

12. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Philly has said time and time again they'd be offering Jimmy the max once free agency starts. There is nothing to leverage here. Besides, even if it was a leverage play, it would make WAY more sense to leverage another team with actual cap space.....not the Rockets, who would have to trade for him anyways.

YOLO likes this.