1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If you ever thought you saw a bad call by an umpire/referee...

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Clutch, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

It was nothing compared to this one...

Yung-T, KingCheetah and MadMax like this.
  2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Are you kidding me? I mean? WTF? Did the call stay? Did the parents erupt?

What did the coaches say?

DD

Yung-T likes this.
  3. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Unless there is some sort of no bunting rule in this league or she missed the bag (it looks like she steps on it, but I can't tell for certain), clearly a terrible call.

Yung-T likes this.
  4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

5. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

That made absolutely no sense. Bang-bang calls you can forgive. I can't figure what this ump could've possibly seen. Would be nice to know the rest of the story...

6. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

nice to see Tony Brothers expanding out to other sports

7. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

best guess he thinks she missed the bag. you can tell he makes the out call right after the 1st baseman makes the catch and curiously the runner looks at the ump with a quick turn a slip second before he makes the call. like she knew she had missed it and was checking if he noticed.

Yung-T likes this.
  8. Granville

Granville Member

Viewing from my phone, it appears that her foot hits the ground and not the bag.

I was the home plate ump at a Little League Game. The throw home beat the runner, the catcher appeared to make the tag bringing his glove against his chest and the runner never touched home plate at this point. I looked for the catcher to show me the ball and the ball was behind his chest protector. I stepped back waiting to see if the runner touched the plate before the catcher tagged him. The Coach for the team playing defense was screaming "What's the call?" and I said...."Don't have one yet". He keeps screaming about the kid being out and then the other coach tells his kid to go touch home plate, which he did. I signal safe and all hell breaks loose. Learned a long time ago, on any close play, half the people yell good call and the other half yell blind mf'er.

The ump in the video looked like he had his eye on the bag. It's a process.... Look for foot to touch bag or see/listen for ball to hit glove, make sure fielder maintains possession and then make call.

9. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Think foot missed the plate, probably the right call. Kind of a bad look tweeting about it though (especially if it was the right call).

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

joey crawford is still worse.

i got confused for a second, thought the girl on the right (right by the fence) was the one hitting as she timed he swing at the right time. was like "why she facing the wrong direction doe?"

11. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Foot missed the bag. Good call.