1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If you could bring one president back from the dead for 8 years who would it be?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Andre0087, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Obviously I'm not gonna make a poll but I would go with FDR, he helped to bring us out of the great depression, world war 2, and passed the SS act. Who would you choose?

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That was going to be my choice as well.

3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Bring back from the dead for what purpose? To teach a history class? To entertain my dinner guests?
    Or to run for POTUS in 2020?

To teach a history class: Teddy R or Lincoln.
    To entertain my dinner guests: Truman.
    To run for POTUS again? Ike. Big time.

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Jesus for president

5. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

If I wasn't black I'd say Woodrow Wilson, or Thomas Jefferson just for his speeches: but only about non-racial stuff.

6. Nook

Nook Member

Theodore Roosevelt... he would b**** slap Trump and put Putin in his place. I think he would pull Americans back towards the center but still break with party on issues like mar1juana, stem cells and environmental issues.

7. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Trump. The media and the DnD murdered that fool.

JuanValdez likes this.
  8. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

George Washington, America's greatest President, who could have held the office for life and become King by another name, but instead established the peaceful transition of power. No other President served more than two terms until FDR, who decided he should go for four and as a result we had to have a constitutional amendment instituting term limits (one of several reasons FDR was America's worst President).

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

David Palmer.

10. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    Tanned, ready, and rested...

B-Bob likes this.
  11. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'd bring back Lincoln, but I wouldn't make him president. I'd get him a book deal and take him on the speaker's circuit. We'd make millions. This is assuming he's indebted to me for bringing him back.

Then again, if he's indebted, I'd bring Trump back once he's dead and make him president and he gives me a cut of his emoluments and corrupt business deals. Make billions.

12. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

If one person can come back from the dead, you have to assume others possibly can to

If that is the case I'm forced to choose Abe Lincoln. He is the only president that has proven he can kill & protect us from zombies

Rashmon likes this.
  13. dmoneybangbang

This, I always admired TR for his pragmatism.

14. TheresTheDagger

Nobody.

Anybody who is universally thought of as "great" (Washington, Lincoln,Roosevelt) would not be deserving of the treatment of today's media complex.

The rest from our history are just average anyways.

B-Bob likes this.
  15. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

You'd probably be surprised that there was media back then too... and that the presidents of the past had challenging relationships with the media.

Abraham Lincoln, like Donald Trump, had his media enemies, too
    http://www.sj-r.com/news/20170225/abraham-lincoln-like-donald-trump-had-his-media-enemies-too

The Complicated History Between the Press and the Presidency
    https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smar...story-between-press-and-presidency-180959406/