1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If you are Patrick Beverley... [Backup's perspective on career vs. team]

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by iLookOK, Mar 24, 2013.

?

If you are P-Bev and Jeremy shows the world that he is on Jonny Flynn's level, u mad or u glad?

1. Mad

35 vote(s)
    39.8%
  2. Glad

53 vote(s)
    60.2%
  1. iLookOK

iLookOK Member

I have always wondered how a backup feels when the starter plays badly or gets injured. On one hand, it sucks because it hurts your team. On the other hand, it can mean the difference between a contract for you, or a one way ticket to China. Assume this is a team that will not be winning a ring this year.

I think a good example of this is Patrick Beverley. He is not THAT much worse than Jeremy Lin. Aaron Brooks is also a decent PG, so the team won't suffer too much. If you are the Bevster, when Jeremy plays like Eremy, or if he were to get injured, u mad or u glad?

If you are a LOF, to allow you to make an unbiased response, substitute the word "Jeremy Lin" for "Brandon Jennings", and "Patrick Beverley" for "Ish Smith".

2. CXbby

CXbby Member

WTF kind of question is this? You never wish injury on a teammate. Snitches get stitches. You think Bledsoe is praying for CP3 to break his leg every night?

3. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Lin is still the better player by a good amount. Beverley is way too inconsistent.

4. DBRox

DBRox Contributing Member

5 star thread :rolleyes:

5. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

I think you can be happy that you get more playing time, and sad for the guy in front of you that got injured.

You make it sound like it's one or the other.

6. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Beverley seems like a great teammate. He's always cheering for all his teammates. I don't think he wants anyone to get injured so he can play. Besides, he's getting his opportunity to show everyone what he can do. Lin seems like that kind of player also. Both guys are great teammates.

7. iLookOK

iLookOK Member

WTF kind of response is this?

I asked you to answer in the perspective of a guy that needs a contract extension. And what does snitching have to do with this?

Go back, read the question, and hit me up with a more relevant response, before I request that you get banned for 1,000 weeks.

8. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

So you're saying the gap between Lin and Bev = Jennings and Ish? Then that's a pretty huge gap.

1 person likes this.
  9. iLookOK

iLookOK Member

That's true, but you also have to take into consideration that he KNOWS that people are watching his cheering and appreciate it. There is arguably a level of strategy to the cheering, and that goes for any reserve.

10. iLookOK

iLookOK Member

I would say so. I think Jennings is a bit better than Jeremy, and Ish is a bit better than Bev. You don't think so?

11. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

Lin is inconsistent too.

The difference between them is BBIQ.

Beverley can shoot (most of the time) and has good athleticism, but he can't run an offense as well as Lin can, nor does he have the same vision/passing or decision making.

12. instar

instar Member

there. It's prolly the best answer u can get.

13. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

Brandon Jenning on Flynn level?

Young players have their ups and down and where da hell were you when Bev played like crap?

Kneejerking thread...

14. iLookOK

iLookOK Member

Whoah what. I don't c wut u did there.

15. James Gabriel

James Gabriel Member

I'd trade Brandon Jennings for Brandon Jennings.

16. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

So if Lin was putting up 18 ppg but doing it while taking 16 shots at 39% while playing no defense you'd say he's doing better than he is now? :confused:

17. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

This ^^^

18. jocar

jocar Member

Seems more like he'd want to up his game and earn that spot rather than stooping to rooting against his own teammates.

19. iLookOK

iLookOK Member

You're assuming that the front office gives McHale free reign to play players purely based on their skill?

20. iLookOK

iLookOK Member

I would have to first check the salary cap implications of that before going any further with the trade.