1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Yao shot as much as Tmac

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Daddy

Daddy Member

that suggests that there is something other than yao causing this. unless someone on the rockets dont like chinese guys, there is no other reason that everywhere shaq goes, or no matter how many teammates duncan, hakeem or ewing had, or who their coaches were, they always were the go to guys, and teams didnt have problems giving them the ball and getting something out of it.

yao ming would be the first star i have ever seen that has the bad luck that everything but himself would be the reason for lack of anything.

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Dude, first you post some stupid rumor despite Clutch's sticky, and now you post this crap.

3. rice

rice Contributing Member

do not exlude that possibility.

4. dragon167

dragon167 Contributing Member

:confused:

5. Daddy

Daddy Member

sorry. i misread.

6. franchise23

franchise23 Contributing Member

Good post. Yao will NEVER be able to face up and drive to the basket like Duncan, KG, or Amare. Even though the numbers will not show it, I do believe that Yao has been playing better lately than he did in november or early december. he is staying out of foul trouble and he is finally dunking the ball instead of going for those lay-ups.

He is still not the dominating player that most of us expect him to be but i still have patience. Hopefully chemistry and the fact that we now have better outside shooting (barry and wesley) can help Yao finish this season strong.

the number of shots he gets will (atleast I hope) go up as he gets more accustomed to his teammates and they gain more confidence in him. Sometimes it feel like if he misses 3 or 4 shots in the first quarter then his teammates dont look for him till maybe the second half. that needs to change if the Rockets want to make the playoffs.

#26 franchise23, Jan 6, 2005
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2005
  7. magyuan

magyuan Member

if yao shot as much as Tmac, he will get triple double easlily.,

20pt, 10 reb, 10 TO :rolleyes:

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

WAIT !!

I miscalculated, I forgot to add the Free Throws in my calculations.

You would be averaging 32.1 PPG if he got the same number of shots as Tmac.

The bottom line is that Yao should be getting more shots.

DD

9. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

I think you just disproved your point right here.

Yao has one more TO per game than Tmac AND that is with many many fewer touches than Tmac.

I agree with you that Yao should get more shots, but definitely in no way should he be getting more shots than Tmac. Without the ability to hold onto that ball consistently, I'm going to take my chances with Tmac more often. I just wish Tmac would increase his FG% by going to the hoop a little more often.

10. fa7999

fa7999 Member

This is a guard's legue right now. Even Shaq cannot get more touches. Unless the big guys are all like KG who can handle the ball, they are at mercy of the guards and the rules.

11. calurker

calurker Contributing Member

Right on! Still, there's absolutely NO excuse for that play at the beginning of the game where Yao was WIDE open underneath the basket barely one foot in front of ballhandler and the ball was kicked out to the 3pt line for a clank. :mad:

12. barbourdg

barbourdg Contributing Member

Yao, use to get more shots and Tmac was shooting less and GUESS WHAT!! We were loosing.

We only started winning when Tmac took the offense over. Sure we can't win all the games, and every star has his share of bad shooting nights. Last night was pretty desperate when the opponents shoot something like 10 3 pointers in the first quarter.:eek:

13. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

Gosh I'm so tired of seeing that word "Hopefully" whenever I read about Yao's or the Rockets as a teams production. How long are we going to "Hope" that something goes right? Until he resigns the max contract even though he's still wearing the brace on his elbow and just recoved from a sore throat? After seeing almost no upgrade in his game this year I'm getting impatient and am ready to see what he can really do.....on a more consistent basis. We've seen him get aggressive and thus get to the line, put other players in foul trouble, and intimidate on defense, but that only happens about 1 out of every 10 games. Oh well, "hopefully" he'll up it to 1 out of 5 eventually.

Pugs

14. MADE

MADE Member

Don't you guys ever wonder if he is somewhat like shaq, in that he doesn't really try his hardest until the end of the season?

I read somewhere that TMac turns up his game in February and March.

Maybe we should wait farther into the season before we make rash judgements about our team or our players.

15. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

Actually, they do have a hard time sometimes. I know you know this, but he'll flash open for about 1 sec a lot of times, and if the window isn't there, it's not there...Yao can't hold his man off long enough too often.

I agree that some guys are better than others at it definitely...but I think most of the guys on the team now are good enough at it.

16. supermagichero

DD, when did you become a YOF?

17. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

Everybody always talking about get Yao the ball. They tried that formula early in the season. And what the Yao do, pass it back out. He is not that player you want him to be. Yao is nothing but a role player. The Rockets best chance to win is Mcgrady taking the most shots. He don't mind taking the shots. A player who has the passion to be dominant would not have the problems that Yao has as for as establishing his position on the court. And all the other problems that Yao has. This is yr 3 Folks.

18. Wala

Wala Member

But the only way he learn is he get the ball. For example, last night against the Suns the first two shot he missed but then he learn from them , and third opportunity he got he dunk the ball. My point is he not going to improving if he don't get the shot. As time goes you learn what shot is good for you and what not to take. But now Yao don't get enough shot to improve.

19. YallMean

YallMean Member

That 3 turn over a game is a killer to Yao's game, but I think we just have to live with that. You count those 3 TO as missed shots a game, Yao is probably shooting around 45%, so there is no reason why he should take half of the shots tmac takes.
    On Yao's part, he needs to establish him, make his teammates trust him. Yao needs to work on being bad.

20. supermagichero

Even Shaq passed the ball out freqently. Just look at the Miami's game. Shaq gets the ball, and then he passes the ball out. Then his teammates deliver the ball to him again. It always takes more than one pass to score. Basketball is not a simple pass-and-dunk game.