1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If we trade Shane, we lose an identity...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RudyTBag, Aug 16, 2009.

1. mfgarza

mfgarza Contributing Member

Well said!!!!!!!!!! Especially about Shane..The guy never takes a play off..that is rare in the NBA..and it obviously rub off on the other guys...I'd only be for a trade if it brought a superstar who would no doubt take us to the next level..
    When you put players like Battier, Luis and Chuck on the floor, you have players that rarely get out hustled or outworked..In our championship days, Mario filled this role..Now we have 3 players like this..Now if we could only get our star players healthy at the same time.

2. Untraceable

Untraceable Member

I feel yall....Man, I tired of hearing about intangibles (he does things that doesnt show up on the stat sheet) Forget that, get somebody that does shyt that actuall shows up on a stat sheet

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Gerald Green is a free agent.

4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Good defense, hustle, diving for loose balls, etc. They may not show up on a stat sheet, but they are very important nonetheless...

5. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

All NBA stat sheets include deflections, charges taken, contested shots, true assists, etcetcetc. Most of the average joes only see the Pts, Rebs, Asts... Shane does put up tangible stats, just a broader range than you realize...

6. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Yep, those 5ppg on the rd vs La were huge :rolleyes:

7. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

They were huge... And Shane was fantastic...

Folks, we are not far from the Lakers, and we do not need to rebuild...

8. AzNaNsZ

AzNaNsZ Member

Man what you don't get is that doing those intangible things could shift the momentum to us how many times have you seen guys like Chuck, Luis and Batman draw a charge or hustle and you become pumped that how we get the energy, if what your saying you would rather have a guy like Marbury who averages 18 points and 7 assists but is a shyt team mate

9. Artesticles

Artesticles Member

And out the window flies your basketball credibility.

10. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Horry and Cassell did more on and off the stat sheets as 1st and 2 nd players than shane ever has. The next time he has a big game on the road will be his 1st in the playoffs.

11. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

WHOOOOOOOOOOSH OUT THE WINDOW:)

12. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

shane will be defending and guarding and shutting down and drawing charges and putting hands in the faces and diving for looses balls and be mr intangible and mr no-stats-all-staragainst the following star players when it comes to playoff time for the next season:

--his personal trainer
    --his personal coach
    --his strength and conditional coach
    --his son
    --jermaine taylor and chase budinger...

in his detroit backyard or toyota centre memorial hermann practice facility

on the other hand...if we trade him to the blazers/clippers/mavericks...we'd see seeing shane guard:

--brandon roy
    --carmelo anthony
    --lebron james
    --josh howard
    --and last but certainly not the least--______bryant

in staples centre/Quicken Loans arena/ESPN/ABC

TRADE SHANE, SHANE ESCAPES THE ROCKETS STENCH THAT IS THE ROCKETS 09-10 TANKING SEASON AND SCORES HIMSELF A BIGGER IDENTITY.

13. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Put your money where your mouth is......

I will bet you that the rockets make the playoffs, If I win, you can't post for 6 months. Vice versa...

14. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

um who said I wasn't willing to be responsible for my statements? granted that this is another random internet message board, I'd say most of us should be willing to put some weight behind our words. I dunno about u but I actually care about my credibility and am willing to be responsible for my words.

man I'm not sure how you interpreted my post, but you should note that although I am definitely conceding the fact that we won't make the playoffs, however at the same time it'd be best for us AND for Shane himself to be traded to a contender...Clyde Drexler didn't wanna rot in Portland...so he came to Houston and helped himself to a ring!!! :cool:

6 months of not posting on my beloved Clutchfans? man how you expecting me to survive that siiix months without being part of this awesome forum? you gotta come up with something more creative than that...

Remember, Shane's getting up there in age and he wants a ring. Its certainly no big ask, considering its easier for a roleplayer like him to get a ring than a star whos basically bound to one team and is harder to trade and leave his club which the star would be a part of the core. James Posey got his slice of paradise so should Shane. Rockets benefit too. ;)

I didn't actually think that this would be such a big deal, cos a lot of the fans here on CF agrees that we're not gonna make the playoffs with this squad we have right now.

15. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Shane is everything that is good about basketball.

16. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

If the Rockets lose the identity of playoff losers, then Shane must go.

I want the Rockets to have a new identity based on playoff success.

17. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

While scoring isn't everything, when your best two scorers go down...the other starters have to pick up some slack. Shane is a great defensive player when he is on defense and on offense. He held Kobe to 27 ppg and himself to 7 ppg. Shane does very well in the off the box score stats, but a player has to force his defender to guard him. Shane doesn't make the opposing team pay enough for slacking off of him. Any closeout on him gets him to pass the ball.

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Why not a Tip Jar bet? In your case, you'd actually become a contributing member if you lose.

19. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Not Rebuilt but "Retool" love Shane but if we can get Fernandez, and Outlaw It needs to get done! :D

20. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

Losing Artest, we did lose some attitude. But really, what else are we losing that Trevor can't bring to the table basketball wise. I'd say the Lakers got a bit weaker chemistry wise, they just don't know it yet.

Losing Yao and Tracy(to a extent), we have a bunch of young guys. We need Shane to keep this team mentally prepared and set a example. I believe keeping Shane would benefit the whole team and prepare Trevor for when Shane is no longer around.

Losing Shane would take us two steps back.