1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If we trade Shane, we lose an identity...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RudyTBag, Aug 16, 2009.

1. joesr

joesr Member

is there some rumors in the air something??? Why all of a sudden talks of Battier and for some reason everyone jumps up with the name Beasley?

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, Yes we do. Last year was not a fluke, and it was not Ron. It was our championship foundation that took the Lakers to 7 games. I wanted McGrady gone as well, but if you lose him, How do you replace him? He will NEVER bring back CLOSE to equal talent in a trade. Tell me what "superstar" do you plan on getting that can fill that void?

And btw, There is no F'ing way we EVER win a ring with F'ing Bosh as our best player...

Tmac and Yao is still on, we have no choice...

3. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

I used to believe this as well, but is it possible to win with Yao as our best player? Our whatever crap we would get in a Tracy deal? It is impossible to get equal value with Tracy....

4. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

I agree knote, it's a very good post from your part.

I've always appreciated what he's done for this team and i've never been for the idea of trading him.

5. BizzleRocket

BizzleRocket Member

Well I wouldn't mind getting Rip Hamilton or Michael Redd for Tracy. That's an even deal if anything, possibly even a steal.

I agree with you though, We shouldn't trade Shane at all. One of the best blue collared players in the league and the definition of a leader and a winner. Without him, players with dominant wing players like Kobe, LeBron, Wade, etc... Would torch the hell out of us. Battier brings in so many things and so many things that don't show up in the stat sheet.

In the 2009 Trade Deadline, I thought we should have traded Battier only because we have Artest, but now that Artest is gone we should keep Battier, both brought intangibles that not many other players could have brought. Keep Battier, and Keep Yao. Don't know about the rest though.

6. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

I just don't know if winning a ring is possible with Rip, or Redd being your best player...I am just not sure, actually I kinda doubt it.
    Shane makes too much of a positive impact in practice, and with the rookies. If we are going to keep Trevor, I want Shane to be around to pass down some of those intangibles...

7. BizzleRocket

BizzleRocket Member

I thought it was fairly obvious Yao was our best player. :confused: If you are talking about next season, most people consider us to be lucky if we make the playoffs and although I strongly disagree.

Rip and Redd would highly benefit off of Yao's game if we get one of them instead of Tracy. Both of them are great shooters/scorers and they don't lack hustle or heart either. I think Rip would be the one being hugely benefited though, simply because he never stops moving without the ball, he would benefit our Points Lowry and Brooks too.

Either way, Bottom line is we shouldn't hope or want Shane to be traded. He is just too valuable in so many other aspects of the game. One of the most underrated players in the league and the epitome of a winner.

8. DdotConrad503

DdotConrad503 Member

Shane's ability will begin to diminish. Watch. I love Chuck Hayes but the reality is he has no offensive skill and he is still 6'6. A legit shot blocker would benefit us better. I also believe our unproven rookies will step up and get the job done. Get Red 2009-2010 Playoffs here we come!!

9. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

No doubt, Yao would be our best player.

1. Can a Yao led team win a ring?
    2. Tracy (when healthy) is on another level compared to Redd and Rip.(Who I love)
    3. Does this team have any shot at winning a ring?

*Brooks
    *Redd
    *Ariza
    *Scola
    *Yao

4. How about this team?

*Brooks
    *McGrady
    *Shane
    *Amare(Beezy?Martin? etc...)
    *Yao

5. All I am trying to say is that I think that we have the young pieces to grab that elusive third guy, and a YOUNG one at that, While still keeping the core intact...

10. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

When did Bruce Bowens ability to defend, diminish?

38? 39?

How old is Shane again?

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Identity! The very thing we had striven for so long to find since the Francis era ended. Identity!

12. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I know Shane is younger than me... so like 30, 31?

and I would say Bruce was still doing a pretty effective job up until the last year and a half...making him 37/38 when he started falling off.

13. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

Shane Battier 09/09/1978

about to turn 31.

14. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

How can a team have championship foundation when they have never been past the 2nd rd, have brittle players tying up the cap, and have 2 players that can get their own shot? Please enlighten me

15. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

1. Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard. That is our championship foundation. Not many teams have it, but we do. Shane, Luis and Chuck hold it down. Our FOUNDATION, took the Lakers to 7 last year.

2. How many players in 94-95 could get their own shot? With Tracy and Yao healthy, we just need players that can knock down open shots. Did you read my post? I am in the (Get an all-star without giving up McGrady) boat. We have to wait for Yao and Tracy to get healthy, primarily because they are irreplaceable in many, many ways. They have us by the balls...

16. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Agree with the first part. Brooks, Lowry (debatable on the quality since he is taking the shot), Scola to some extent, Yao (granted he's out this year), and McGrady can get there own shot. Hopefully, Ariza replaces Battier instead of them playing together.

17. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Talent works hard in the playoffs. Granted, I think the Rockets' tough mentality will probably overcome talent a few times during the regular season when talent is coasting to the playoffs while our tough mentality is struggling for the 8th seed. 8th seed does not equal championship foundation. Tough mentality doesn't equal championship foundation. Talented guys like Kobe, Lebron, Howard, Garnett...hell even Yao if he was healthy are the foundations of chmapionships.

18. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

I disagree. I believe that defense and discipline is the foundation.

If talent works hard in the playoffs, How did we beat the Lakers 3 times?

It sure as hell was not our own talent.................

19. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Who won 4 times that series?

It was not the Rockets defense that won three games...it Yao Ming and Brooks in game one and then Brooks going off in a game, and then it was the Lakers coasting in game 6 (okay..so talent took a day off, but talent plays hard in games that determine a series). If Brooks plays like he did in the Rocket wins consistently...he would be a very nice talent and a nice piece of a foundation for a championship run.

I would trade our tough championship foundation based on hustle for the Lakers championship foundation based on talent.

20. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Are you trying to be smart?

Honestly, What a dumb, dumb, dumb thing to say.

Seriously, just idiotic, I am done with you...

I am sure you would, and the Rockets would whoop you ass, as they would have the foundation of defense and hustle that won them 3 games, to go with the missing talent of McGrady+Yao and a third all-star.

Game blouses...