1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If we strike out on Carmelo Anthony, is keeping Ryan Anderson really THAT bad???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swyyyguy, Aug 24, 2017.

?

If we strike out on Carmelo Anthony, is keeping Ryan Anderson really THAT bad???

1. No, Ryan is about to show the world he's on J.R. Smith's level.

72.1%
  2. Yes, I've seen enough. I have grown to HATE Ryan Anderson.

27.9%
  1. Starvela

Starvela Contributing Member

Ryno isn't that bad, but Melo is just wayyyy better...And with Melo, great chance at beating the Warriors!!

2. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

You really didnt closely watch games 1 to 93 of last year huh.

Or I bet you haven't set on a basketball court all your life.

coz if you did then you should be surprised that Harden hasn't been resting or injured at the beginning of the playoffs like the other superstars

let me give you some perspective and educate you

if you play basketball, do you know how many minutes until you start losing breath, sweating profusely, your legs and arms not responding, and need to rest or get injured?
    running up and down the court, heaving 3 pointers and layups some with contact, getting hacked,dishing assists, rebounding, defending, contesting, taking charges, going for loose balls, etc
    can you even just imagine doin that for 81 games let along at the most frantic pace and level? Lebron, Kawhi, Steph, KD, or CP3 definitely can't

please read and understand below how much physical and mental effort and energy Harden spent as a sole super star for a team (that you call yourself a fan of) of a bunch of rolepalyers with a GM who the 2nd most paid player in the team he put beside Harden is Ryan Anderson, with a coach who can't play a rotation of more than 7 players
    also you can see fresh and well-rested an already superior/multi-star championship calibre team was (you admitted this already) compared to Harden

and this just the reg season. let me know if you want me to include the first round of the playoffs and compare it to the spurs squad with its stars/former stars/defensive stoppers

played and started 81 games, 7 more games than lebron james and kawhi, 9 games more than LMA (spurs 2nd most minutes played next to kawhi), 20 games more than CP3 (I added this specially for you nut-hugger)
    played a total of 2947 minutes, 150 minutes more than lebron, 500 more minutes than kawhi, 600+ more minutes more than LMA, 1000+ more minutes than CP3
    scored a total of 2356 points, 400 points more than lebron, 500 more minutes than points, 1,100 more points more than LMA, 1200+ more points than CP3
    dished a total of 907 assists, 250 more asts than lebron, 650 more asts than kawhi, 750 more asts than LMA, 300+ more than CP3
    made a total of 262 3 pointers, 100+ more than lebron and kawhi, 200+ more than LMA, 100+ more than CP3
    rebounded the ball 659 times, more than lebron, 200 more than Kawhi, 100 more than LMA, 350+ more than CP3

deducing those numbers, it would be very safe to say Lebron spent 90%, Kawhi 80%, LMA 70%, and CP3 60% of the physyical and mental effort and energy that harden spent thru the reg season
    see the difference of playing with stars/former stars around you? kd, steph, dray, clay; lebron, ki, love; cp3, blake, dj; kawhi, LMA, Pau, Parker, Manu
    and resting games as a result of either fatigue or injury? harden missed a total of 1 game
    and championship calibre coach who can play more guys and pace their players especially their stars? pops=multiple rings, more finals, kerr=2 rings and counting, 3 finals and counting, doc=1 ring, couple of finals, MDA=1st yr coaching the rockets and 0 rings n 0 finals appearances

and before you all those numbers above are easy since harden doesn't play defense...

same deflections per game as Westbrook and Rondo more than Lebron, Anthony Davis, Durant
    same loose balls recorvered per game as Lebron, Anthony Davis, Draymond Green more than Durant and Klay
    same charges drawn as Lebron, Anthony Davis more than Steph Curry, Butler, George double that of Durant, Kawhi, Westbrook, Klay
    more 2pt shots contested than Lebron, Kawhi, Curry, George, Westbrook, Butler
    more 3pt shots contested than Lebron, Durant, Kawhi, Curry, Westbrook
    more overall shots contested than Lebron, Kawhi, Curry, Westbrook, Butler
    same defensive reb % as Lebron slight lower than Durant better than Kawhi, George, Butler, Klay, Curry
    and lastly, similar defensive rating as Lebron, Avery Bradley, Ariza, slight lower than George

#102 vlaurelio, Aug 25, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
  3. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

@swyyyguy

Con't

and Harden directs traffic in the parking lot and makes the popcorn

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

i watch more games and go to more games than you!

so let me get this straight, you are saying Harden is GREAT at defense, right???

5. vlaurelio

LOL now you go back talking about your tickets to games and complain just about harden's not GREAT defense.. talk about moving goal posts

so you agree with everything I said including harden wasn't a great defender last season right?

#105 vlaurelio, Aug 28, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
  6. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

95% of this trolls arguments are Strawman.

@vlaurelio try not to waste your time on him & just mute him out like most of the board.

vlaurelio likes this.
  7. CALI_MOST_WANTD

Only problem I have with him is his contract. So I wouldn't mind him staying.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  8. Le$$

Le$$ Member

……..|::::::::,-': : : : : : : : - -~''''¯¯''-„: : : : : :\
    ……..|::::::::|: : : : : : : : : _„„--~'''''~-„: : : : : '|
    ……..'|:::::::,': : : : : : :_„„-: : : : : : : : ~--„_: |'
    ………|::::::|: : : „--~~'''~~''''''''-„…_..„~''''''''''''¯¯|
    ………|:::::,':_„„-|: : :_„---~: : :|''¯¯''''|: ~---„_: |
    …….. ,~-,_/'': : : |: _ o__): : |: : : :|_o__): \.. |
    ……../,'-,: : : : : ''-,_______,-'': : : : ''-„______\
    ……..\: :|: : : : : : : : : : : : : :„: : : : :-,: : : : : :\
    ………',:': : : : : : : : : : : : :,-'__: : : :_',: : : : ,'
    ……….'-,-': : : : : :___„-: : :'': : ¯''~~'': ': : ~--|
    ………….|: ,: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :|
    ………….'|: \: : : : : : : : -,„_„„-~~--~--„_: : : |
    …………..|: \: : : : : : : : : : : :-------~: : : : : |
    I tell ya hwat, what da hell you talking about boy.. lol

9. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

lol of course i don't agree with you saying that harden is a great defender.

even if harden was great at defense, he flat out quit in game 6. i wish i could forgive him this easily like you!!

10. vlaurelio

first, where the hell did I say Harden was a great defender????

can you quote it?

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  11. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Stop being dense, Mavs troll

harden is not great at defense, never was and never will be

It is what it is....

12. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

don't tell @vlaurelio!!

13. vlaurelio

14. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

This is the real deal. You have all these idiots/haters in the media and on the radio saying if Melo goes to Houston he doesn't move the needle enough for them to beat the Warriors... this is straight BS! If that were really the case do you think it would take sooooooo much to get this trade done? Ryan Anderson is a joke on this 20 million dollar a year contract but Melo clearly isn't. You know why? Because Melo scares any freakin defense in this league as well as any defender. We get Melo we could beat GS and all these haters know it. CP3 isn't a low iq player and neither is Harden. Nobody wants to see Melo in this mix for good reason... expand this list my azz... media needs to get off the gas!!!

15. Know Your Role

If Ryan stays, I want to see him turn heel and become Biker Ryan Anderson.

16. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Since we struck out on Carmelo, can we get Hoodie Ryno?

Snow Villiers likes this.
  17. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

I'm dine.

swyyyguy likes this.
  18. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Its not really as bad as you people think. Gordon scored 16+ per game with harden. Say if melo was in gordon shoes in the west, probably be like 17.1 ppg , and hes getting old. So honestly maybe it was ment to be.. He may be just a distraction, it may not be important for houston to have him. Everyone gonna say na, or whatever you stupid, but houston has some good pieces this year, and they just ranked us higher than the spurs. Might as well role with what we got...

Pen15clubber likes this.
  19. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

The OP is a ****ing troll, that hates on our best player. We already get hate from outsiders, casual fans, ESPN, TNT, Bleacher Report, and NBA TV. Now we got trolls coming on a rockets website mocking our best player, bumping old ass threads, making new threads to piss off rockets fans even more

Somebody put this troll out of his misery, same goes for that loser ISOball.. kick rocks

BigMaloe and Pen15clubber like this.
  20. Lightsnowaction

Yes. I want to see this team go all in with 3 stars, all wanting to win and good role players and a great coach around them. Besides two games, maybe 3, Ryno was just terrible. If his contract meant we couldn't get Melo, all I will think of is, "What if?"