1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If we strike out on Carmelo Anthony, is keeping Ryan Anderson really THAT bad???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swyyyguy, Aug 24, 2017.

?

If we strike out on Carmelo Anthony, is keeping Ryan Anderson really THAT bad???

1. No, Ryan is about to show the world he's on J.R. Smith's level.

72.1%
  2. Yes, I've seen enough. I have grown to HATE Ryan Anderson.

27.9%
  1. YOLO

YOLO Member

and that's why you're sitting there behind a computer on clutchfans

2. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

LOL after Harden single handedly carried a bunch of roleplayers to 3rd seed and beat OKC with the MVP you blame him for not getting the rockets past a superior team with 6 more wins and HCA?

Ryno was garbage at home thru the reg season and during the playoffs against OKC then harden hard to work harden than any other superstar and was worn out by the SA series

plus the fact he can't guard LMA then Harden had to take that defensive duty

ak99999 likes this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

of course the guy who thinks harden can do no wrong comes with the excuses. i bet letting danny green drive on him for the and 1 was all rynos fault, after he hit the 3 to put houston up. yep

Snow Villiers likes this.
  4. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

He was trash at home

I guess he was affected by the continued urbanization of the Toyota Center experience. we need to ruralize Toyota Center to get Rhyno performing at home...

5. vlaurelio

what do you expect from 1 star against higher seeded super team and championship caliber team?

and multi lower seed multi seeded teams?

you honestly think Lebron or KD by themselves would have carried the rockets to 2nd seed or more than 60 wins?

and then get past the spurs then the warriros?

you think CP3 and Melo still wanna join harden because of game 6?

or they think if Harden by himself can do all those by himself then what more if we join him

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

this has nothing to do with anything that was said

7. vlaurelio

you don't think the spurs last year were not a championship calibre team?

you don't think only the spurs and the clips (who got embarassed in the 1st round by jazz) were the only western conf teams who has a punchers chance to beat the warriors?

it definitely has. series against the spurs is not a vacuum

those are 89th to 95th game of a gruelling season for Harden single handedly carrying role players for a MVP calibre season

#67 vlaurelio, Aug 24, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
  8. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Agree totally. Anderson isn't a bad player; he's added value for sure. He's just overvalued in his contract. I'd be very happy to go to war with the guys we've got. We'll do that or get better, one or the other. I think Morey's already put together a great squad for us that's a big upgrade over last year (also a great squad) and it can only get better. But Anderson's not the problem people make him out to be. He had a poor playoffs but was great for us during the season and he'll have a better playoffs this year because he'll be better rested.

9. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I'm pretty sure Anderson has an alright playoff career. He can't suck that bad again. Gotta rest them legs. Same we ariza

10. vlaurelio

with CP3 on board I hope MDA figure out a way limit Harden to less than 34 minutes a game like KD, Curry, and Kawhi

and rest for at least 8 games in the reg season like Lebron

Pen15clubber likes this.
  11. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

No one blames Harden for failing to get the Rockets past a superior Spurs team. Everyone (except you) blames Harden for QUITTING. No one would be mad at Harden if we lost with him showing heart and trying.

ak99999 likes this.
  12. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Ryan anderson can beast the 3pt shot :0

13. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

I'm sorry bro but I don't think giving a PF who doesn't play defense and only strength is three point shooting a 20 million dollar contract was wise especially if he doesn't even shoot well at freaking home

ak99999 likes this.
  14. Le$$

Le$$ Member

He we go again. Ryan Anderson was going to get 13-16 mil. Because last year was a bloated summer. Houston had the money to spend, and nobody seems to be coming to houston. Ryan Anderson also was avg 17 ppg and 6 rpg for NO. Houston had some openings and spent the money.

15. Nivos

Nivos Member

Like I give Harden full credit for taking the team on his back through the season, the 2 last playoff games was on him. He wasnt there when we needed him. I'm not scratching him or calling him a loser or a quitter, but its on him.
    Putting the blame on Anderson is just bullshit. And the reason Harden had to guard Aldrige at some point was because Anderson had to play center after Nene went down. Not saying he's a good defender but he wasnt such a liability as some people here like to paint him.

16. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

my nka @YOLO spittin that troof

swyyyguy likes this.
  17. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

[​IMG]

swyyyguy likes this.
  18. OTMax

OTMax Member

Depends on how he feels about the way the Rockets, Morey, Harden and everyone else has treated him. He should be fine, I welcome him back. We now have Tucker and Mbah if we need defense so I'm not worried.

19. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Lol, well it's definitely a long shot, but it's not like we wouldn't pony up and liquidate Gordon, Tucker, whoever it takes to sweeten the deal for LeBron. our Melo offer/situation is very different

#79 Fullcourt, Aug 24, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
  20. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Ryan Andrsun will still help spread the court allowing CP3 and Harden to dissect a defense.

Problem is his defense still sucks. That's where the Luc "I am your father" signing pays dividends.