1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

if we lose mobes... what about mercer?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Loafinator, Jul 18, 2000.

1. Loafinator

Loafinator Member

If mobley does go to toronto, the rockets are going to need someone to replace him. so why not get ron mercer? he is infinitly talented, and he scores more then cat. going back to what rod thorn said... mobley is going to be a big money guy, so we're going to try and get ron mercer. if we can't afford mobes then there might be a chance that mercer will come play for the exception, and if not maybe we can work a sign and trade, using the exception that we have. this means that orlando will be able to keep their cap space and be even bigger players in the market, and it's not like they need mercer anymore, seeing as they have mcgrady. so if mobley leaves, is mercer welcome? or probible?

------------------
    "When the mind is thinking, it is talking to itself."

.... Plato

2. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

HELL NO Mercer aint welcome here. He is bit of a tweener to play the three (6'6 - 210 lb)
    and he is not going to come of the bench. Plus as far as I've heard he is one of the most selfish players in the NBA. You dont want a player like that hanging around our young group of players.

------------------

3. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

Thorn was only building up Mobley to try to keep Mercer available.

i.e. when you were four years old:

u: I want to play w/ Wonder Woman.

ur friend: nooo. I want to play with Wonder Woman

-repeat for 3 times.-

u again: okay, I guess I'll play w/ Stretch Armstrong.

[​IMG]

------------------
    The ClutchCity 500.

4. Swift_FAN4

Swift_FAN4 Member

I like Mercer. He doesnt have a real good 3 point shot but he can hit the medium range jumper. Hes very athletic and likes to take it to the hole alot. Hes also very good on the fastbreak which would help the Rockets in their running game.

------------------

5. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

I'll take Mercer, DA, Rider, Delk, or whoever else is available. Preferably Dereck Anderson and then Mercer,Rider, or Delk.

------------------
    "We need to fockass".....Dream back in the day

6. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

Although I'm still confident Mobes will resign. Mercer is a strong possibility if Cat leaves.

------------------
    please venture to atheistalliance and rocketsonline
    I AM SPARTACUS