1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If we land Dwight signing Millsap seems like the best idea.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mockster, Jun 28, 2013.

1. mockster

mockster Member

If we end up signing D-Howard alot of people are thinking of going after Chris Paul and Josh Smith as our second superstar. I have even made a thread of how Josh Smith and Dwight Howard duo would make our D the best in the league possibly. Although if we sink down to reality landing another free agent would require us to either get rid of Asik or Lin. I think *I'm not sure* if we sign Millsap we could still keep Lin and Asik. This would give us still a good down-low presences and millsap is a pretty good mid-range shooter and defensive minded player. We could have Asik coming off the bench a solid C as backup. I could even see possible line up such as Lin, Harden, Millsap, Howard and Asik. If we wanted to play big during the game.

Signing Millsap would be cheaper and still would be a great substitution for Josh Smith and he seems to be a more mature and better outside shooter.

Of coarse signing Smith or Chris paul would be awesome but it's a long shot and way more expensive. Also we would have to give up Asik or Lin. I know Parsons and the group does not want to break the chemistry they have *The core group*

2. Dat Dude

Dat Dude Member

UGH, real life...?

3. boozle222

boozle222 Contributing Member

This is correct... if we are dead set on spending money. Why not wait until next off season to spend the money and have some short term contracts in the mean time? I would not want to sign Millsap if it meant no shot at Love or LMA (via trade) or any of the 4's available next summer.

Never settle for a player when building a championship team. Get your man.

4. mockster

mockster Member

TBH I like Millsap over Love and all these players are a longshot. If we sign Howard do you think everyone wants to wait and hear *Ok next season we might get LMA or Love let's just bet all our chips on that*

Millsap is a great player honestly. I am actually suprised people are downplaying him like he's crap compared to LMA, Love or Smith.

Millsap on the team with howard = championship run just to let you know.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/HCiHOpNJXnc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. pass_to_Hakeem

Would you prefer Milsap over Landry? Wouldn't Landry be even cheaper than Milsap?

6. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

How do we sign Millsap? I thought Dwight will take our cap space?

I don't mind Millsap, but I am one of those that likes Love or LMA better. Rockets team has had too many undersize PFs.

7. mockster

mockster Member

Are you saying Millsap is undersized?..

Also I like Landry but Millsap is a better choice. He's just an overall better player then Landry who shows Superstar flashes.

8. rocketblood713

were not getting Dwight cause of that fake rumor of him in Houston looking for houses probley pissed him off lol

9. mockster

mockster Member

Not sure why a random dude on twitter saying a rumor about him buying a house in Houston would piss him off or change his mind of where he wants to go this upcoming season. I think Howard does not even know about this rumor nor would he care. he is going to choose the team he thinks can win a championship or at least contend.

10. larry cook

larry cook Member

Landry is more solid but I'd rather us not grab any of those guys unless its LMA, Love, or Smooth. T-jones was coming on strong towards the end of the year with only a limited amount of playing time, he plays better Defense and Rebounds better than Milsap. Dmo will improve as well, especially playing next to Dwight.

11. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

once we sign D12 we will not have the money to sign a THIRD (not second) superstar. We will be over or right at the cap.

12. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I have long lobbied for Milsap SnT for Jeremy Lin.

13. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

it would have to be a sign and trade for a 2nd guy....i mean they're still trying to lose TRob to give more money to dwight!

14. rocketblood713

maybe your right I was im just saying

15. mockster

mockster Member

So, I guess that means we would still have to trade Asik or Lin. Obviously if we have to trade one it would be Asik. Their have already been tons of threads saying on how signing Chris Paul and Howard is possible so obviously Millsap would even be cheaper then Chris Paul and we may not even sign Millsap 4-5 year max contract.