1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If The Rockets Become Serious Contenders, Will We Get To See Them Play?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by solid, Jun 30, 2013.

Tags:
  1. solid

solid Contributing Member

To the best of my knowledge, the Comcast debacle has still not been resolved. Most fans in Texas and elsewhere won't be able to see the Rockets play next season, with or without Howard. Most of us are still excited because we got to see the Rocket's playoff run. But let's not forget that we were blacked out all of last season with no option to see the Rockets on TV. If this isn't resolved we will be right back in the same situation next season and if the Rockets are serious contenders, it will be all the more painful.

2. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

I have to believe if Dwight gets here that will push them over the edge....god I really hope so.

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Not likely. That would require those in negotiations to remove their heads from their asses, and that isn't likely to happen.

4. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I hope so. It's time this mess ended. Signing Dwight may make the Rockets push harder to get a deal done before the season starts.

I know the Rockets would be on the national stage quite a bit more, so we'd definitely see them there.

5. OTMax

OTMax Member

Of course you do, on national TV baby!! I'm sure if Dwight comes here we will get 20-30 games easily. Would be nice to get back on the big stage.

6. dragician

dragician Member

HOWARD, MAKE SURE TO ASK THEM TONIGHT ABOUT IT.

THANKS.

7. solid

solid Contributing Member

Excellent point. I am sure Howard would like more exposure that fifty fans in North Houston.

8. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

Seems like having Howard would strengthen the position of the Comcast Network.

That can't be good.

1 person likes this.
  9. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

If gives more strength to CSN, so AT&T would have to cave in more so.

10. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

Mark Cuban: "60% of Houston and the surrounding areas can't even see you play if you go to the Rockets... That's keeping money out of your pocket. We don't have that problem In Dallas".

Great Job Les...

11. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

Doesn't Les have next to no say in this? I thought because he was a minority owner, he's basically at the discretion of Crane (the majority owner)? If that's the case, I doubt Crane would care if we had D12 & Lebron. He's going to do what he thinks is best for himself, and unless I'm missing something, the Rockets have pretty much nil to do with that.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

This is a concern for sure, while we get all the games in Austin, I would bet Dwight wants his fans in Houston to see him play as well.

DD

13. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

I have AT&T, so I doubt the idiots involved are going to get the deal done unless the young Mr. Ryan can pull off a miracle.

14. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

The ownership structure is such that any two of the three owners can override the other, but none can act unilaterally.

15. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I doubt it. I think most people in houston just don't care.

16. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

I think other carriers will follow Direct TV's lead. They've been through this before and they've held out for years. Comcast doesn't have a stong position because they can't even provide service to half of Houston. And then you got all the surrounding counties that they can't provide service to as well and the 40% of the people that Comcast can reach, not all of those people will switch. And mix in the fact that the Astros are the ones holding up the deal and they suxk. How many people you think calling Direct TV about them..

17. King1

King1 Contributing Member

If we get Dwight they will get the deal done

18. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I don't live in the Houston area so I will get them on league pass regardless... I do not envy you guys!

19. dubble dee95

dubble dee95 Member

Curious, I'm moving to Austin soon and was wondering how you view the games up there. Thanks!

20. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

I had comcast all last season but now i have Uverse. Regardless of Dwight, I pray a deal gets done. I dont wanna have to go to a bar to watch every game