1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If season is over will Dantoni be back next season?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jake Stewart, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Jake Stewart

Jake Stewart Member

Wonder what will happen....

amaru likes this.
  2. Caprah

Caprah Member

Probably not

roslolian and amaru like this.
  3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

4. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Nah, we will upgrade to Joerger.

roslolian, amaru and D-rock like this.
  5. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

If the season does in fact end ASAP....I would say no, D'Antoni probably will not be back next season.

I believe the only way he was to continue as coach next season was if the Rockets made it to the WCF's/NBA finals and the team played well.

So if the coronavirus does decipate with warmer weather like past strains of coronavirus (like SARS) then possibly the NBA can resume and D"Antoni can save his job.

Problem is cold weather areas like Denver, Utah, regions of Canada may keep this virus active by way of people traveling.
    League may have to relocate those teams to warmer climate venues to complete season (if-when players clear quarantine).

6. fattz

fattz Member

We will all have to hide and wait. Hopefully as a consultant or in some other capacity. He does have a great basketball mind and did do parts his job very well.

Pat and amaru like this.
  7. MIAGI99

MIAGI99 Member

No, they both are parting ways I always thought. The way this season is going now it's for sure.

8. payaso

payaso Member

Luke Walton is not long for this world in Sac-a-crap-o, and they have some some decent components of MDA ball - a driver (Fox), RELIABLE wing shooters (Hield, Bogdanovic, Bjelica) and bench 3-and-D (Bazemore, Barnes). Mike's a coach, not a development guy- and judging from those almost-famous teams from the early 2000s the fans will love the style he brings.
    AND- Vivek is no Fertitta. Short of a chip, Mike won't want to come back anyway.

9. BigBum

BigBum Member

Last years expectation should be conference finals, better than blazers.

this year Tilman championship expectation is too high.

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Doubt he'll even be back this season for his own safety. He's almost 70 and I'm sure his wife will not him to take chances catching a virus.

amaru likes this.
  11. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

The season isn't "over." They're not going to just abandon this year and say "no playoffs" or crown the Lakers champs. It'll resume at some point, even if that means delaying next season's start. The NBA isn't going to just give up the revenue from the last 20+ games. They're already going to be hurting financially.

12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

The quickest way for Tilman to recoup some lost revenue is to sign JBB back, or just make Harden Player-Coach.

13. caneks

caneks Rookie

Didn't Tilman Fertitta say D'antonio would be back next year? As I said many times, Head Coach isn't the major problem, Front office is.

Rochut and D-rock like this.
  14. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

If i am mike.. i leave. I say f' u tillman. F' U SPOILED NBA PLAYERS.
    He has millions. He poured his heart out. He should just rest and enjoy life.

15. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

I hope he’s back. I hope Rivers, Green and Carroll are back as well.

HP3, D-rock and amaru like this.
  16. D-rock

D-rock Member

33% from 3 is better than 50% from 2.

What traditional 5 can Rockets acquire now or next season that will make them championship level?

Settling for ordinary when opportunity to be extraordinary is sign of myopia and backwardness.

Innovation should not be feared but embraced.

MDA coached 5 teams to rank in top 25 offenses of all time.

D'Antoni does not just adjust, he adjusts in revolutionary and most offensively efficient ways.

DeBeards and HP3 like this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Mike does run plays, many varieties of plays, and not just after timeouts.

Contrary to media and fans belief.

Rockets offense is basketball art.

#17 D-rock, Mar 13, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2020
    DeBeards and HP3 like this.
  18. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

Hell no

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

He prob wont accept a demotion in the same company. He is done unless the season resumes and the Rox win a title.

20. roslolian

roslolian Member

Roster management is part of adjustments.

When your team misses 27 straight threes in the most important game of the entire season that shows that CONTRARY to your unpopular belief, Pringles isn't good at adjustments and running plays for his team.

He might be an offensive genius and an out of the box innovator but the innovators aren't necessarily the most successful ones. Coke, Face Book and even the Iphone weren't the innovators of their products they copied somebody else and made it better. The dude who invented Pennicilin and made it free for everyone made less money than the douchebag who copyrighted a drug and jacked up its price by 1000%.

Rox aren't out there to celebrate innovations they out there to win a ring.

s3ts and kjayp like this.