1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

if rockets were 8th seed, they would have the best chance of all teams to beat LA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketswillbe2001champs, Apr 20, 2000.

1. rocketswillbe2001champs

If the Rockets were in the playoffs this season, they would in my view have one of the best chances to beat the Lakers in the playoffs. I know, I know, last year they lost to LA in the playoffs thanks to Pippen's lost ball. But this year the Rockets are 2 and 2 against LA. One of them I believe was in LA. If the Rockets could get hot against LA, I think they could beat them in 4 games, if they got lucky, but probably five! What do you think? The amazing thing, even though the Rockets weren't very good this year, they can beat anyone, even the Lakers. Then Barkley would kill AC Green. Cato would stop Shaq (he stuffed him twice in their last game against eachother), and Francis would just be, well himself... Who knows, maybe they could make it past the first round if they were in the playoffs... maybe not... who knows, maybe they could even beat the Suns like they recently did by 9. They could be in the conference championship!... Or not, maybe they would get totally imbarrased... Or maybe the Lakers would be imbarrased... Maybe the Rockets and Lakers would be head to head, and the Rockets would win in 5 games (still imbarance LA, and shock the world)... Or the Lakers could win in 5 games (the Rockets would still shock the world)... I don't know, but it could happen. I know Seattle wouldn't have a chance to beat the Lakers, but in the next round San Antonio could beat them come to think of it. The Spurs have beat the Lakers 3 out of 4 games this year. This was a pretty long post, but I think I got my point mostly proven. Peace.

------------------
    Dave Rosenman
    Francis ROY, Brand overweight ROY

2. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

hmmmm....

fabr?

------------------

3. rocketswillbe2001champs

yes this is my new user name my old one is francisandbarkleyrules

------------------
    Dave Rosenman
    Francis ROY, Brand overweight ROY

4. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

Of course it is FABR.

Mango

------------------
    The Serious Police are watching

Donate Blood

5. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

So now its like RW2C. Hey if you keep on changing names you will be a junior member for a long time. Not that its a bad thing in your case [​IMG]

------------------

6. RocketSiv

RocketSiv Member

In a sense he is right. I am not saying that we would beat them but we would atleast put a scare into them. Why? The Lakers like to run but they don't like to be run against. If you get back into your transition defense you can beat the Lakers. Something we did better at different times of the season. Thats why teams like Sacramento(if they even played a little bit of D), Toronto, and yes Houston would have a chance against the Lakers.

------------------

7. Houston Rocks

Houston Rocks Member

I have to agree with you, but do you agree with me that it is possibe -
    To pin Jim Rome for the OJ murders?
    To blame Jim Rome for the Waco incident and the NFL crime crisis'?
    To make Shaq give up basketball because he is shaped like a football player?
    That Michael Jordon is an alien?
    To create non-biased robots to be the new NBA officials?
    For Sprite and Gatorade commercials to just go away?
    To make Cato appreciate his contract.
    For Bryce Drew to get the "eye of the tiger"?
    That the wizard can play some bball and he's not just jesting?
    but most importantly is it possible for me to hook up with the Rockets power-dancer on the left with the curly long blonde hair and the body that won't quit?
    Anything's possible. [​IMG]

ROCKS

------------------

8. Da Man

Da Man Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, Barkley had to conspire to keep Shaq out of that game we won in L.A, so it really doesn't count. Personally, I think if we played the Lakers we'd be swept in a 5 game series, 7 game series, and 13 game series. Their strength is the Big Daddy down low, and that is where our greatest weakness lies. Kobe is the kind of player that can neutralize our guard play. He is becoming such a good defender that it is becoming very scary.

The playoffs are all about the half court game, and the Rocks are not a good half court team. Iso sets are not going to cut it during playoff time. You need some resemblance of a low post game to have any chance this time of year. So winning would not be an option in this hypothetical scenario for the Rocks.

And who cares if Cato blocked Shaq twice. oooooohh, that just makes me confident. Bo Outlaw used to block Hakeem in his prime a couple times a game, but Hak would still go for 30 or 40 points on him. So with Shaq, instead of him shooting 18 for 23 from the field for 44 points(including free throws), he'll shoot 16 for 23 for 40 points. Cato cannot effectively guard Shaq for an entire game. Plus Cato probably will only play 18 minutes a game against Shaq because he'll be in foul trouble trying to guard the Diesel.

------------------

9. Elie#17

Elie#17 Contributing Member

One response to FABR/RWB2001C-

"maybe."

-Elie#17

------------------

10. Dreamshake

Dreamshake Contributing Member

This guy reeks of LHutz....

Still trying to figure out how the Rox could beat the Lakers in 4 games?.?.

And DaMan pointed out. For two of those games (basically) the Lakers didn't have Shaq, or Kobe.

Only two teams have a good to great chance of beating the Lakers. Spurs or Blazers.

Now if the Rox still had Barkley, Hakeem was playing at least like last year, and Cato got off his snide, then the Rox would of had a great shot at beating the Lakers. Too bad so many things had to go wrong this year.