1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Miami Loses the Finals, Will They Still be as Hated Next Year?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by JLOBABYDADDY, Jun 8, 2011.

Tags:
?

Will the heat still be hated next year if they lose?

Poll closed Jun 15, 2011.
  1. Yes. We will still hate them. Forever. We will never forget.

79 vote(s)
    84.0%
  2. No. Time heals all wounds, and this would be them paying their dues.

15 vote(s)
    16.0%
  1. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

Simple question. I say no because people will see this season as them paying their dues instead of the instant gratification b

2. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Yes, they will.

3. Turpis

Turpis Member

4. PeppermintCandy

With an extra season of learning to play together and probably an upgrade in the role players around the Big 2.5, the Heat will likely be a better and even more dominant team. They'll remain the Goliath everyone loves to hate for the foreseeable future.

5. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

The misconception seems to be that people dislike Lebron because of his skills. People dislike him because he is an arrogant child. It took Kobe over a decade to learn this.

1 person likes this.
  6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It really will depend how they handle things in defeat. If they are petulant and ungracious in defeat they will be. Also if they kick off next season with another over the top event they will still be hated.

7. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

I don't think everyone hates them because they are great. I think everyone hates them because they took a shortcut to becoming great.

8. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Has nothing to do with instant gratification or paying dues. It's because of the absurd way LeBron and Bosh each handled their situations last summer, particularly LeBron, both in the ultimate decision as well as the lack of respect toward Cleveland and his supporters. They'll be hated by most for the remainder of their careers, win or lose. They say they're OK with that, so more power to them, I suppose.

9. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

This.

I recognize Ledouche's greatness as a player. I also recognize the tampon size 17 he wears.

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

Hate? They're the most beloved of all sports... just ask SacT and Octav.

1 person likes this.
  11. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Yes, they will be hated for letting Dallas get its rings.

12. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

While I recognize that, I think a lot of haters (outside of Cleveland) will have their anger somewhat satisfied by a Heat loss. They'll still be hated, but not as much. And, in general, it's hard to sustain the intensity over several years (unless yours is a team that got run over in the Heat's playoff march).

13. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

I've hated Lebron his entire career. I'm not going to stop just because of a finals loss.

14. clippy

clippy Member

I don't remember this kind of hate for the Celtics in '08.

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

This, except even if they act jerky in defeat, I doubt they will be as disliked next season because of hatred exhaustion. But their behavior in losing will have a big effect on the amount of scorn they face every day.

16. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

I can't vote yes. I personally won't hate them because I can't blame Lebron, but most of the rest of the country will.

17. Juxtaposed Jolt

Will they be hated if they lost?

In my opinion, they'll be even MORE hated. Something along the lines of the Heat being cocky (Not 6. Not 7.) and failing to win a championship adds fuel to the fire.

And with that "making fun of Dirk" video, these guys just don't know when to quit.

Arrogance has a place, perhaps when you're up 3-0, or 3-1. But these guys are down 3-2. Sad.

18. jlwee

jlwee Member

They will be laughing stock for the entire summer, that's for sure.

19. spysta

spysta Member

No the decision was a ploy, this was the plan

1. Crush Cleveland on National TV
    2. Cleveland goes on to have a horrible season and get the #1 pick
    3. Lebron goes and sabotages the heat in the finals
    4. An angry mob with torches chases lebron out of miami
    5. Pat is forced to trade Lebron
    6. The cavs step in and acquire Lebron back without trading the pick.
    7. Lebron and the #1 pick go on to epic playoff perfomances and 2nd round exits

20. bloop

bloop Member

everyone hates them because humans are evolutionarily pack animals and the pack smells blood.

there's many admirable things in the way Lebron, Wade and Bosh have conducted themselves once the season started. they've been loyal to each other, haven't imploded or pointed fingers during their losses, haven't talked **** about other players and generally gone about their business.

back 2 years ago when everyone loved Lebron and hated Dirk them boys clowning Dirk would have been something ppl loved. now it's like a character flaw or bad sportsmanship being manifest in Lebron. somewhere Kobe is thanking the basketball god that Lebron was around when he had to go and call some dude a f***** on live TV

they'll get more hate next year if they lose for failing. the mob needs someone to hate. either win your way out of that or wait for the next Arab boogeyman that we can all pile onto