1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If jersey #11 ever gets hung from the rafters...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by IROC it, Apr 14, 2009.

?

Will Yao be the reason #11 gets hung from the rafters?

1. Yes... Yao will be the reason.

93.1%
  2. No... Maxwell will finally be remembered.

6.9%
  1. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

I have a bad habit of having too much fun poking the stick at the less fortunates, I will admit.

Why don't you give us some rap lyrics about the adventures of Maxwell in jail?

2. daRox

daRox Member

tinman

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

no,
    i think you are the guys Erik B and Rakim rap about in the song "Follow the Leader" or in your case "Follow the 99er"

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zP9MFxsKzks&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zP9MFxsKzks&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

4. tinman

Supporting Member

i'd vote for both them. Both great guys who would help you at the gym with free weights.

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

If Yao helps lead the Rockets to the Finals and retires as a Rocket, then I would be proud to see his jersey hanging from the ceiling. That's the qualifier for me... getting to the Finals. A championship is far better, of course, but a Finals appearance has to be in his Rockets career. In my opinion, anyway. All the other retired Rockets jerseys were from players who appeared in the Finals or won a championship(s). And I'm not concerned. Yao will help get us there... to the Finals and to at least one championship and hopefully more. It's freakin' hard to do, but he'll make it and as the center of the Rockets.

6. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

oh yeah forgot about the youtube clips, just like clockwork...

hey rap about Maxwell quitting on the team :D

7. tinman

Supporting Member

v 3
    he dunks like mcgrady
    in the game in Milwaukee
    he wants to be like me
    not mike or kobe
    but his offensive is like jvg
    and his defense is lazy
    99er he can never be
    dear obama, set maxwell free!

8. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

thanks Robert Van tinman, Marky Mark would be proud of you

at least I got you to rap like an obedient little dog :D

I don't need my slippers now, go outside.

9. tinman

Supporting Member

Dude just hurry up and shine my shoes!

10. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

tinman and v3.0... get a room. :D

11. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

No one's going to shine your sperry topsiders.

12. tinman

Supporting Member

You need to spit shine my shoes and fetch me a chronicle too. Oh pick me up some chicken from frenchys.

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Why don't you guys split the cost of a Motel 6, spend the night together, and hash this thing out. I think the thread might have a different topic.

14. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

No one is going to come near your nasty smelling sperrys that you've had all these years. Newspaper and chicken? Sounds like you're at the homeless shelter. I've already donated some stuff at work, so you're welcome.

/me in this thread, I am too awesome for the wanksta poseur :D

tinman is a farce and I admit I like having fun at people who take them themselves too seriously.

#34 v3.0, Apr 15, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2009
  15. tinman

Supporting Member

Don't blame me that dude is obsessed with me. He even has two quotes of me in his sig. I mean he wouldn't even post on clutchfans if I wasn't here. He would serve no purpose. He doesn't even know that the rockets are even in the NBA .

16. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Sadly, Maxwell, like many great Rockets players from the 80s and early 90s will probably never get hung from rafters like they probably should. And his off the court problems have never exactly helped his particular case. So of course, Yao Ming (provided he retires from the NBA as a Rocket) will probably be the reason the number 11 will be hung up.

Hopefully he will do a lot more to earn that honor, but provided he gets us to a conference title and plays most of his NBA career in Houston, I'd be surprised if he wasn't give that particular honor.

1 person likes this.
  17. rockets11

rockets11 Member

I started watching the NBA games since late 70s, but I never heard one single better player named Vernon Maxwell. Was he an all-time great played in the 50s, 60s or early 70s in the NBA? It couldn't be. I am pretty sure no such name has been put in the basketball hall of fame.

If you want to put Yao's name right with this Vernon Maxwell guy, better this Vernon Maxwell guy was not some trouble-making midget for Yao's sake and the Rockets' sake.

Or better this Vernon Maxwell guy not just some legend loved to death by some narrow-minded little girls in your local YFCA. But if so, you guys enjoy the poll, I am sure the Dream , Rudy T love it too.

18. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

What's with this obsession with 99'ers?

19. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Agreed. Hug it out b****es.

20. tinman

Supporting Member

cause we started this..

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xcKkEsEKuPg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xcKkEsEKuPg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>