1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If JB wants to keep his job.....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by csc177, Apr 16, 2016.

1. csc177

csc177 Member

The X Factors for this series are as follows:

- play Michael Beasely (unleash the scoring the Warriors haven't seen from us, play the kid big minutes and let him fill it up with the Beard)
    - play KJ Mcdaniels more than 20 minutes (another factor the Warriors haven't seen. His versatility can help Ariza slow down the splash brothers)
    - the less Brewer the better (period)
    - DMo and Bev (if they play well we shock the world and win this series)
    - limit Hardens turnovers
    - Dwight Howard must be Playofff Dwight otherwise we're screwed
    - we can't stop them so we have to make threes

Like it or not, but if we beat the Warriors, JB keeps his job. Beasley and KJ are weapons the Warriors haven't seen, JB needs to take that chance!

Let the games begin gentlemen.

2. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

If we sweep the warriors..........

JB will not keep his job.

1 person likes this.
  3. mockster

mockster Member

I agree with everything spec beasley

I would also put some big things monutes for Josh smith. He's an X factor

4. YaosDirtyStache

Yea he better never keep his job.

Dude is legit r****ded. Couldnt imagine someone could be more clueless in the Xs and Os than Mchale, but we found it.

5. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

EARS have said that the players are in full support of JB.

But, after this season, MGMT is looking for a bigger name and a diversifying approach to winning, both on offense and defense. It appears that the live and die by the 3 is going to be greatly modified.

As I wrote, Thibs appears to be the most desired. Because DM is here for the long haul and because James will be your franchise player for awhile, he has some pull.

James likes Thibs. Thibs is respected by countless players in the league.

The situation here is ideal with a new direction.

We'll revisit this, but from what my guys have said, it seems like Thibs' chances of being your next coach are around 70%.

I'm in the minority in terms of believing JB did a good job with the turmoil and cliques he's dealt with, but no matter what, he has McHale's DNA leaking through his pores. We need to turn the page a bit.

Thibs is a fresh start, and with JVG still being tight with Houston, I'm sure he's given a blessing.

Sure, things can change, but I promise you that George Karl, Pringles and Brooks are not in the top choices.

Finch is a wild card because of his former grooming, but again, McHale poisoned the well. Hollins also will be looked at, primarily based on his IQ. His issue is player relationships though. Guys don't particularly enjoy his demeanor.

Just what I've heard.

I say we get Thibs in here and have BimaThug work next to Morey to fix the contracts. Hey, Bima, any chance you can get us something nice for Capela and KJ? ;)

1 person likes this.
  6. Exiled

Exiled Member

it will come down to PB, will he play real D, or just act like an expired KG with intimidation of a fake tough guy

7. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

...he'll have to transform into Tibs ;)

8. PhiSlammaJamma

You wait your whole life for a single moment and then suddenly it's today.

9. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Sorry but I lost all of my faith in this team when JBB keeps on playing Corey Brewer. The Rockets biggest mistake in their franchise history is hiring Kevin McHale and JBB.

10. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Bullshiiiiit

11. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

If jbb is working in the early afternoons in the men's department at Macy's....he will keep THAT job. No freaking way he should keep this job. I don't want a schaub repeat where we are blinded by minor success.

12. clos4life

clos4life Member

Hiring Kevin McHale was a defensible choice. Extending him was not. Firing him with no plan for a legit coach is indefensible. Handing JBB the keys to the car was idiotic.

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Starting Brewer proves Bickerstaff doesn't want to keep his job.

14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Beasley has been awful

15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Putting Terry on Curry is working out really well, glad this guy is our coach.

16. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

jbb set the tone early for the corey brewer starting blunder. have been playing catch-up since. if this is what it takes to expedite his arse out of here, then fine.

17. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

This thread, the OP and JB all needed to go. Mamba out.

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

What about Thibs.wanting control? Les and Morey are willing to.give that up?