1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Feigen is correct, make your picks?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HTown5933, Feb 4, 2014.

1. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

I tweeted Feigen earlier (and the robot that is J.R. shared them in the Asik thread...lol).

But, IF he's correct - and with Morey, we all know Feigen may very well NOT be accurate in his opinion - who fits the "defensive wing that can catch and shoot" description.

Keep in mind, this player will likely need to have no more than two years remaining on his contract.

Make your predictions...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en data-scribe-reduced-action-queue="><p>I expect a move. RT <a href="https://twitter.com/don_dougan">@don_dougan</a>: <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen">@Jonathan_Feigen</a> Could this be 1st deadline Morey doesn't make a move? Or do u anticipate something small?</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/statuses/430808008507932672">February 4, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en data-scribe-reduced-action-queue="><p>Would seek defensive wing that can catch-and-shoot. RT <a href="https://twitter.com/don_dougan">@don_dougan</a>: <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen">@Jonathan_Feigen</a> In your opinion, for a shooter or backup center type?</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/statuses/430810146948657153">February 4, 2014</a></blockquote>

2. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

Forgot to include the tweets in which he feels you can rule out the starters, Lin, AB and Cisco (AB and Cisco due to choosing to come here while receiving better offers - and they can block a trade).

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en data-scribe-reduced-action-queue="><p>Rule out starters, Lin, Brooks, Garcia, then who knows. RT <a href="https://twitter.com/SwaggedUpSpence">@SwaggedUpSpence</a>: <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen">@Jonathan_Feigen</a> which player most likely to be dealt?</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/statuses/430810761862991872">February 4, 2014</a></blockquote>

3. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

Trevor Ariza

4. Ericonomist

Ericonomist Member

welcome back, shane battier!

5. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

I'd love to have Ariza back.

6. conquistador#11

that stephenson kid buy ariza would be nice. parsons can rest now and we can cut his minutes to like 41 a game.

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Been wanting him back with this team but that's tough with Parsons here. He's too good to be a bench player and the Casspi is doing ok.

8. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

Problem is IF (I know, I know) Feigen is accurate about who to "rule out", salaries won't match for Ariza.

It'd likely have to be someone in the 1-2M range, or maybe 3-3.5M range if Hou moved two (i.e. TJ/D-Mo and Brewer)

9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Obviously there is always the chance for a small deal.... something involving Brewer (obvious candidate because of contract and there is a reason why he hasn't been cut yet) and maybe a young player like D-Mo, Cov, or Canaan.

But the big shoe to drop would be involving Lin in a deal. If any deal happens that makes people jump out of their seat, it would be involving him.

Big deals-

-Lin and a pick for Lowry and Novak or Fields sounds like the type of deal we might expect if Lin was to get dealt.

-Lin & a pick for Hinrich and Dunleavey would also be another type of deal you might look out for.

Smaller deals -

-Ron Brewer & a 2nd rounder (Portland's 2015) for Chris Singleton
    -Ron Brewer & a 2nd rounder for A. Morrow

etc. etc. There are a ton of young players like this that Morrow might want to take a shot at that he might want to bring back next year on a minimum contract that can help in the short term.

Remember the Rockets chased Casspi the past two years??... yeah, something like this I would expect to be done if there are good players available they think could help.

-Also I wouldn't be shocked if Greg Smith is released at this point (unless D-Mo is traded). The guy hasn't played meaningful minutes this year, and cannot stay healthy. Plus when he is healthy, he's really not as useful as you would like on the defensive end to say the least. I think its time to move on from that experiment and find a more suitable 3rd string center.

10. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

Just went through the trade machine and you hit on a couple names I'd written down - again, if only a small deal happens.

DeMarre Carroll
    AK47
    Dunleavy
    C.J. Miles
    Battier
    Shumpert
    C. Singleton
    Wes Johnson
    A. Morrow
    Darius Miller
    Gerald Green
    P.J. Tucker
    Dorell Wright

Thinking these are the types of names we can focus on if nothing big happens.

Who do you like... or think is realistic?

11. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Feigen knew nothing special
    If u guys believe what he said, then u can believe any cluchfan

1 person likes this.
  12. wise_man

wise_man Member

Trade lin while he is putting up good numbers. Then get rid of craig smith if we are gonna keep asik and d-mo. Cut or release brewer or send caspi and craig smith to atlanta for kyle krover.

13. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

Your a wise man

14. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Trade Lin to what team and get what in return?

Craig smith is currently playing for a team in Israel. Greg smith on the other hand probably isn't going anywhere.

Wise man indeed.

15. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Karl Kold for Heisman!!

1 person likes this.
  16. Lihao

Lihao Member

Craig Smith ... lmao

17. MGC

MGC Member

LOL!! :grin:

18. Grigori

Grigori Member

D-Mo for a pick, then D-Mo goes D-Mo-sanity on Morey and Les is mad again.

19. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

I'm surprised no one mentioned Afflalo.

20. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

Contract runs one year too long and IF Asik and/or Lin isn't moved, he makes too much (7.5M).