1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

If Eric Gordon demands 3 years 53 million contract

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigBum, Mar 1, 2019.

?

If Eric Gordon demands 3 years 53 million contract

1. Sign and keep him

46 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Trade him next season

138 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. BigBum

BigBum Member

2020-21 big 5 salaries 126 million
    2021-22 big 4 salaries 124 million
    Injury prone Eric Bledsoe signed 4 years, 70 million extension today. Players want overpaid contract.

2. Mr. Space City

3. xaos

xaos Member

Yeah right. Morey isn't giving into any of those kinds of demands of a role player, even a super role player like Gordon

4. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Might be wrong but I think we might be forced into it... I doubt we will have much cap space to sign players outside of our guys with bird rights.

Theking, JamalP., kjayp and 2 others like this.
  5. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Cp3 slightly > Bledsoe slightly > Ego

compared with Morey paying old and injury prone Cp3 140/4yrs
    and Ego hypothetically asking 53/3

Eric bledsoe's 4/70 is alot lot better value considering he's a major starter for the best team on the league

6. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

Highly like Eric Gordon will be traded during the off-season.

Expiring contract, starter capabilities, was the only player who publicly voiced displeasure in the team. Was our biggest trade assest we dangled this year.

If he's not willing to sign for a discount, he will be traded, and I think Morey already knows that. I see Austin Rivers on the roster before EG in that scenario.

Stormy1234 and Hakeemtheking like this.
  7. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Ariza wasn’t even worth 1/15 in what realm of madness does Eric F. Gordon think he’s worth 17/3?

Anderson 2.0

8. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

No... but I think a 3/$45 is a good start.... EG has value in the NBA. Not many Subs/starters like him... i would do it any day of the weak

He is the Xfactor on most nights.

9. Moahst

Moahst Member

Maybe 5 years ago, but Gordon just isn't healthy enough. We've already committed enough money to an injury prone player.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  10. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Austin Rivers will not be on this roster unless he is taking the vet min. We are really up against with blowing assets. I imagine that will be making a committed effort to keep Gordon or move him. We really need to keep Shumpert's contract to move in SNT as well, if possible. We are looking at trying to keep Faried with TP MLE and vet mins everywhere else. Not a good scenario for team building. We missed a chance this year to use a multiyear MLE so that we could trade away picks for other teams to buy out our players.

11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

have I wandered carelessly into a BigBum thread? why yes, yes I have. :rolleyes:

12. Juxtaposed Jolt

If a championship-caliber core can stay healthy, you do your damn diligence and keep the core together. (see: GSW)

But like other posters have said, neither CP3 nor EGo have been the poster children for staying healthy. If Gordon was consistently healthy, I could see 3/53 being justifiable.

Stormy1234 and bacliff like this.
  13. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

Save money for jimmy butler

Stormy1234 likes this.
  14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

........This thread is the golden apple
    Send to create discord

Rocket River

PuzzledFan, Plowman and hakeem94 like this.
  15. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

But for the injury issues.... it doesn’t sound that crazy. Expensive... but so is the nba in 2019.

DM will surely wait and let the market dictate that price though.

And as noted... most importantly... given the injuries, you can probably find much cheaper replacement even if not as capable.

The real issue is overall cap space and letting “assets” walk.

If EG goes it’s not like you have the space to replace him and it is probably a repeat of Ariza where you are just struggling for months trying to find the right replacement

16. Fantasma Negro

I tell him to **** off

17. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

17 mil a season is par for what he is worth and is not an unreasonable asking price tbh. However, I still am not sure if I'd pull the trigger due to other investments we have made and also.. If I were to spend for a 17 mil player, It'd probably be for a player that plays a different position and has different intangibles than Gordo.

I'd really have to think it all over. With where the salary cap is though, I wouldn't consider Gordo at 17/yr being overpaid by any means. Anyone who thinks that just doesn't understand salary since the new agreement, or they don't watch the rest of the league outside the Rockets and so don't value his abilities.

#17 Realjad, Mar 2, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
  18. bacliff

bacliff Member

Has Gordon even asked for a 3 year 53 million contract? I personally don't think that amount is excessive considering the salaries now but he is injury prone.

19. MystikArkitect

Gordon and some 1sts for Jimmy Tomball?

20. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

He could get that ballpark in the FA market but here that would be very tight. Thanks, CP3

Stormy1234 likes this.