1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Deshaun Watson stays healthy then will the Texans win the superbowl this year?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Daddy Long Legs, Aug 19, 2018.

?

Will the Texans shock the world this year?

1. yes

47.2%
  2. nah

52.8%
  1. juanm34

juanm34 Member

#FireObrien

2. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Sounds just like you......

3. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

Naw I would still rather have Watson.

Nimo and Fulgore like this.
  4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Hopium is a helluva drug...

Mr.Scarface likes this.
  5. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

6. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wish I felt that way, but I will still root for him, just like I have so many of the past. I just think a QB who can throw a bullet down the field is so much more fun to watch, and brings added excitement to the game. I've always feared those type quarterbacks when we played them, because you know they can make a long drive quickly at the end of a close game, even with a minute left on the clock. Mahomes could be that kind of player, like Favre or Montana. I don't feel that with Watson.

I wouldn't doubt that Mahomes blows Watson away in passing yards this year, but maybe the short drives, and ability to scramble will get us far this year with Watson. He has to be more accurate though, and stop hesitating so long. If he is as good as he and other people think he is then hopefully he will be able to lead us into winning the Division, and carry us into the playoffs. The biggest detriment I feel is having our QB guru, coach, and offensive coordinator drawing up his plays and running the show.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Please son, I've forgotten more about football and politics than most people learn in a lifetime. You can think that Watson is the best Texans player all you want, it won't change the fact that he was terrible yesterday....in many ways his errors cost the Texans the game. I don't personally blame him for it, he was completely unprepared to start the season and it showed. It's BOB's job to get him the reps he needs in preseason to where he's in regular season form when the regular season starts and BOB simply didn't do that.