1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Cushing Becomes average

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by pgabriel, Oct 19, 2010.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Will you blame perforamance enhancing drugs. I really didn't even think about it, till I saw a few posts address it in the game thread. then one guy wrote he thinks he is nervous. I'm like "nervous"?

Now I understand he tested positive all last year so I don't want to seem like I'm panicking after two games. but I don't want to be in denial either

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Yes of course. Look at Shawne Merriman- the dude is 26 and done.

I think he actually tested positive before last season, and the appeals process took a long time. (Could be wrong on that). So he may have played clean last year. Of course, maybe the effect of roids hadnt quite worn off.

3. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

He probably put a lot of unneccessary expectation on himself while he was out for 4 games. That anxiety is manifesting itself negatively in these first few games. I'd rather evaluate him at the end of the year then now. He has a lot of his plate right now dealing with coming back and especially with replacing Demeco as the captain of the defense.

4. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

Too early to tell what type of player he will be. Merriman wasn't the same player after he got busted but that may also be due to his knee injury. I think Cushing will be fine. I am more concerned how he plays without DeMeco by his side.

5. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

cushing's athleticism doesn't seem to be hurt. unless the steroids damaged his brain then i think he will be fine.

6. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

Last season he had 133 Tackles in 16 games, which is 8.3 per game.

In the 2 games he's played this season he has 17 tackles, which is 8.5 a game.

He hasn't been making big, flashy defensive plays, but he's been solid.

7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Why are people thinking he sucks?

Did he do something bad these last two games I didn't notice?

8. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I know, I don't get this. People posted numerous times in the past game "Is Cushing even playing".........and he was leading the team in tackles.

He has also gotten a lot of pressure on the QB, more than anyone else one the team has in the past 2 games.

9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I guess since he got busted for PED people have ridiculous expectations for him on his return... like if he doesn't hit somebody so hard it kills their grandma then he's totally a doped up washed out loser.

10. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Did you read some of the comments in the Cushing Workout thread? I'm reasonably certain that some of those posters were actually beating off while watching those videos.

11. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

it's funny because he's fat...i mean because it's true.

12. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

He's also been injured most of the time since he was clean.

13. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Should have gotten Clay Matthews. At least he hasn't tested positive yet and we could have gotten some more good juicing years out of him.

14. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

THIS CONFIRMS IT!

HE IS DONE!!!!!!!!! :mad: :eek: :(

15. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

You are correct. He tested positive for HCG before the season even began. I think it was last september. He played the entire season "clean" and was tested through out the season. IIRC. I remember reading about it when the news came out.

Dude is trying to prove he is legit. After being gone for 4 games, and the negative impact to his character. He's wanting to redeem himself. He needs to take a step back, and let it come to him.

He's been good making tackles so far this season. I don't know how people are even thinking that his game has dropped.

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I noticed 2 things. For one, it looks like he is trying too hard, especially in his 1st comeback game. Being overzealous can be a bad thing. What troubled me was that I saw him getting pushed around by some of New York's lineman. Pushed around big time. The thing is, if Cushing starts looking average for a prolonged duration of the season you could easily chalk it up to not having Demeco Ryans on the field. Which is just as bad as him being a juicer.

17. rhino17

rhino17 Member

CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN HOW HE HAS LOOKED AVERAGE????

You guys are insane. He has been back for two games, he was arguably the best linebacker in the NFL last season, just because he has not gotten back to that yet does not mean he has played average.

18. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

He's looked just as explosive as last year, especially when blitzing.

19. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

He seemed like the only one who could get pressure on Manning. He's been making tackles left and right. Just because he doesn't have an INT or sack yet doesn't mean he's sucking.

i don't remember him pressuring Cassel but that may be because of the defensive scheme. Cushing is the least of our worries on defense.

20. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

there is a big difference between getting a lot of tackles on a bad defense and a lot of tackles on a good defense which we had last year.

I agree he is more known for his game changing plays