1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

If a trade was to go down with the Celtics for Capela

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bratna8, Jun 28, 2019.

?

Who do you want in return

1. Jaylen Brown

59.4%
  2. Marcus Smart

3.8%
  3. Terry Rozier

5.7%
  4. Gordon Hayward

4.7%
  5. Al Horford

9.4%
  6. 1st round pick is enough

17.0%
  1. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Which of these players would you want back

2. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Roberts Williams and a 1st would make me happy

3. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Just the 1st .. if you are trying to land Jimmy AND another mid level guy then you cant take back any salary. If there was room I would like Brown.

napalm06 and matchesmalone like this.
  4. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I'd take anybody better than a min wage scrub - bc thats what we're gonna be filling out the rotation with if we give up 2 starters + for butler...

or MDA will get his wish of a 5-6 man rotation... smh...

...jus sayin...

snowconeman22 likes this.
  5. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Nene + Capela + Eric is enough for Jimmy SNT + Jaylen.

Nene + Capela is enough for Jimmy opt in + Jaylen

Nene + Capela + Eric is enough for Jimmy opt in + Smart + Jaylen.

6. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

This seems most realistic to me especially if the 1st is the Memphis 1st rounder? Will help us fill out the rest of the roster and hopefully give us a rotational piece to use at Center. I am concerned with athletic big men though as you never know if they have consistent hands like Capela does. He is almost elite at catching passes and rebounds. I watched enough of Omer Asik trying to catch a ball that Capela has been sight for sore eyes.

If we get Jimmy, the Centers we get to replace Capela will all need to have above average hands and finishers in the lane and also be an above average versatile defender somehow. Deandre or Looney would be ideal but Williams is an intriguing option to lessen the blow of losing Capela. Would probably be a project but the sky is the limit playing with 3 elite playmakers.

blink52y and jch1911 like this.
  7. mightybosstone

The answer to this should be "whatever allows you to acquire Jimmy Butler." Now, if ultimately they can't get Butler and they're just looking to upgrade at SF or they could get Butler AND someone else, Jaylen Brown would be great. A wing rotation of Harden, Butler and Brown would be amazing. But I'd actually be OK if they dealt Capela for Brown and were somehow able to sign DJ with the MLE. That would be a legitimate upgrade to the starting five in my book.

8. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Brown please. The rest no thanks

9. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Yes Brown would be ideal as well but since it sounds like we need a 1st to use for Philly, Capela is our best chance to get that 1st round pick. Not sure how the Celtics would also give up Brown in that scenario.

If Butler falls through a Capela for Brown swap is intriguing (especially if Looney, etc. can be signed) though the Rockets may have to include something else to sweeten the pot? I know Capela has a lot of value but Brown's value is still pretty high as well especially because he is only 22 and still on a great value contract. Maybe the Celtics like that Capela is locked up at reasonable contract for 4 more years so are comfortable with a Capela for Brown swap. Would definitely be an interesting trade.

10. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Four 1sts

11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Correct, but I doubt if Brown would be traded for him.

12. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

If we are doing a sign and trade for butler we cant take any salary back

13. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

The 1st rounder is most likely.

I would take Jaylen Brown in a heartbeat, though.

14. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

Not really because you are over the 109 cap already with only cp3,harden,butler,tucker not even counting the small contracts we have. Adding jaylen is another 6 million so youd be hard capped at 138.3 and having to fill 9 roster spots with 17 million and not having any room on the season for injuries since you would already be at 121 million. If you then used a tax payer MLE to get your other starter you are now at 126-127 milion with only 10 milion to take on 8 more roster spots and make it the entire season. Risky seeing you have CP3 and Butler on your team with injury concern.

You cant take on a player even as low paid as brown and do this sign and trade. The only way thats possible is an opt in and trade which isnt sounding like its going to happen which makes me skeptical on the whole thing working out.

15. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Rockets IN : Gordon Hayward, Justice Winslow, Bam Adebayo
    Boston IN : Clint Capela, Nene
    Heat IN : Eric Gordon, plus rockets picks

Time to change up the team a bit please. This would not a bit throw us off, and its in Celtics favor. Heat could use the picks and Gordon, trade is good.

16. Vivi

Vivi Member

Lol, come on bro...

17. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Hey its a Plan b, if houston dont get jimmy, and honestly he may not be coming sad to say.

18. Vivi

Vivi Member

It's not even a plan Z cause Riley is not moving his best player/asset (Adebayo) for Gordon and mediocre/bad picks. Probably he wouldn't even trade him for Beal.

19. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

The problem is that if we trade Capela we basically have to do it without taking any cap space back. We would be trading him for Butler. So the only thing we could realistically take back is a first round pick. Maybe Williams but I’m not sure.

20. treyk3

treyk3 Member

If boston gets Capela and gets to dump Hayward, you better believe that’s the Memphis pick and that wouldn’t even be enough.