1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[IDIOT] Fried Chicken

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rockbox, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Buck Turgidson

Wait for ima and max to come in with the Blues Brothers references....

Nook likes this.
  2. Buck Turgidson

Chicago does "Old Europe" food better than Houston, by far. Pittsburgh is another good one.

3. Nook

Nook Member

Chicago does "Old European" food better than some places in Europe.

Now it isn't my favorite, as I was born and raised with a chicken fried steak in one hand and a tamale in the other........ but some of it is very good. Sometimes it is nice to dress up in a suit or get off a plane, and take a car to an Old Europe restaurant and be waited on. Hell, a lot of them in Chicago will let you sit and smoke for hours while you eat and sip vodka. It did take some discussions to get them to relax around House sitting at my table. Those Poles from Warsaw were really suspicious why a 6'8" and 300 lb black man was sitting at my table in an Old Europe restaurant on a Thursday evening in July. Usually a few words in Polish of taking the waitresses hand and an introduction would do the trick.

4. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I love Bonchon. I wish they'd open one on the north side of Houston. When I lived in Austin, I thought Bush's and Bill MIller's had the best fried chicken.

I'm like you. I love fried chicken. I can eat Raising Cane's every day. Out of the fast food chains, Popeye's is the best.

5. TheresTheDagger

A friend of mine tried this and thought it was disgusting. Not surprising to me there is a difference of opinion or experience. I'll stick to Chic-Fil-A.

6. Buck Turgidson

Zwarte Piet? His name was Peter, I hope.

I love Polish/German/Central Euro food. Simple and delicious. Hungary is an interesting place too, with the mish/mash of east/west.

Personally? Chicken fried steak in one, and a al pastor taco in the other. Not a huge fan of tamales, they have to be right, heavy on the filling, light on the cornmeal

Nook likes this.
  7. Buck Turgidson

8. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I've been to Hungary. I don't remember what I ate but I remember enjoying it. I guess I enjoyed the alcohol more, which is why I don't remember what I ate.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  9. Buck Turgidson

Poland is the first country I ever saw a breathalizer in the men's room. Zero tolerance, but in the cities nobody drives.

.21, entirely too much vodka

10. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Ironically I remember the food I ate and what I drank in Poland. I really loved it there. It was one of my favorite business trips.

[​IMG]

Nook likes this.
  11. Buck Turgidson

Oh dude, I've posted about that vodka several times. 3 parts Zubrowka, 1 part apple juice. On the rocks. Repeat.

Coolest bar I went to was called "Propaganda" in Krakow. It was plastered floor to ceiling with old Communist/Soviet fliers/posters/military uniforms, etc....

rockbox and Nook like this.
  12. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

E55AFAF4-C313-4B2C-814F-447E5CF696D6.jpeg
    Line was insanely long today. This chicken is causing chaos. I’ll try it when the craze dies down a bit

#52 LosPollosHermanos, Aug 24, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
  13. The Boz

The Boz Member

Babe’s Chicken Dinner House. In the DFW area. Chicken is perfect. Sides are awesome. Served family style. Sides are also all you can eat.
    http://www.babeschicken.com/

14. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Having Frenchy's and Popeye's right on Scott Street probably wasn't good for long term eating habits, but certainly made going to U of H without a car bearable. Two thighs and some gumbo or jambalaya to go, then go to UC Underground and power through Early Edition; Martial Law, Walker, Texas Ranger; first thirty minutes of MAD TV and then SNL before listening to Bob Kemp and Ken Hamblin on clock radio. China Star stayed open right after Allison, but Frenchy's had a full house while the water rose from ankle to shin level..

#54 Dairy Ashford, Aug 24, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
    Nook likes this.
  15. Roscoe Arbuckle

How did I not know Frenchy's had a full cajun menu?!?

I'm embarrased at myself.

16. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Dude you have hemorrhoids. Watch your diet, less meat more fiber. And less anal penetration

Nook likes this.
  17. Roscoe Arbuckle

Everyone has them. I just had one flare up.

Not saying I'm going there tomorrow.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  18. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Not everyone, a lot of people do because they strain during bowel movements (caused by diet high in meat and garbage) and the pressure causes the veins (hemorrhoids) to prolapse

19. Roscoe Arbuckle

I've heard that, but I typically don't behave that way. I do, however stay in a bit longer with my phone, which I've heard may also cause issues.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  20. Nook

Nook Member

Frenchys was founded as a Cajun restaurant first.