1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ICC Cricket World Cup 2011

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by R0ckets03, Feb 12, 2011.

1. trustme

trustme Member

Those last two overs really screwed India after an amazing spell from Zaheer Khan.

2. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Yep. 13 runs in the last over.

What a great match. Can't get any closer.

3. thejav

thejav Member

Really good showing by both squads..a tie in The world cup is unheard of..I guess a tie is better then India winning..ill happily take it..

pakistan zindabad!!!

4. arjun

arjun Member

i really hope we can see india beat the crap out of pakistan during this tournament....i really hope so

5. NMS is the Best

Assuming India wins their group, that means Pakistan would have made the semi-finals or finals. Considering everything going on in Pakistan cricket, that would actually be a good result for us...

6. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

their is no way pakistan is not making quarters. no matter how bad, they will always be better then zimbabwe, canada and kenya. they already have four points and are a shoe in for the quarters. i think they will finish second behind Australia and be ranked A2 which means they will play B3 which I think will be England.

7. NMS is the Best

Obviously they are making the quarters. I was pointing out that if they got in a match with India, it would have to be in the semi-final or the final. Even a semifinal appearance would be a great improvement over what they have done the past three world cups...

Btw, did anyone else see the Kemar Roach hat-trick?! Great stuff...

8. NMS is the Best

9. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

10. wakkoman

wakkoman Contributing Member

A hat trick in cricket probably has to be the hardest out of all the sports. What a beast.

11. trustme

trustme Member

I don't mean to take away from his hat rick, but he was bowling to the bottom batsmen of the Netherlands...

12. NMS is the Best

13. trustme

trustme Member

Most insane wicket taker I've seen this World Cup. I don't see how he's not called for chucking with his 'pitching' style form. Isn't that how he manages to get that late swing in his yorkers?

14. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I wouldn't allow that type of motion playing with my friends..much less in the WC. However, it seems like it's allowed. Anyone know the rule on this?

15. Gakatron

Gakatron Contributing Member

LOL @ the India media's poor attempts to try and bring down Australia. I mean match fixing because they started slow? The whinge fest about Ponting breaking a tv was also laughable, remember Hayden breaking a window with his bat got about 1/10000 of the coverage here as the Indians carried on with the Ponting incident.

16. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

Did anybody see what O'Brian did? 50 ball hundred from a guy on the Irish team is just awesome.

17. shaaz w

shaaz w Member

Yes, that was a very good game. If England loses to South Africa, they will be in a tough situation trying to make the Super 8. This World Cup so far has been very exciting!

18. davo

davo Contributing Member

Not exactly unheard of.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcodYvaKZd0

19. trustme

trustme Member

Ireland whipped England. Nice. I'm gonna laugh so hard if Canada beats Pakistan tomorrow.

20. NMS is the Best

Ireland is actually a somewhat decent team (they beat Pakistan and Bangladesh last world cup). Canada is not even close to upsetting anybody...