1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I Would Like 2 Second Round Picks

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by RealContender, May 18, 2012.

1. RealContender

RealContender Rookie

I hope Morey can find a way to get his hands on a couple of 2nd Round picks, because there are 2 guys I'd really like to see in Rocket Red:

Scott Machado, PG, Iona - whether we keep Dragic or Lowry, Machado would be a nice addition to our PG depth chart. He needs to play under more control at times, but boy is he talented. High ceiling.

AND

Robert Sacre, C, Gonzaga - skilled big man who did it all at Gonzaga. Real nice high upside pick in Round 2.

Who are some 2nd Round guys you all like?

Marquette's Jae Crowder intrigues me as a pro prospect, but his 'tweener' status concerns me. But man, he plays hard 100% of the time. He's also a good rebounder for a 6'5" guy, which I love. He could pose some matchup problems for opponents when he gets down low because of his physical style of play.

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

At first i was all for Crowder, but his tweener status concerned me as well. Machado is a turnover machine. So no. I do like Sacre's defense though. I am hoping he and players like Jeff Withey go undrafted so that we would have a better chance at getting them.
    As far as players that i would like if we were to get two 2nd round picks, i would want to take a look at Will Barton and Kyle O'Quinn.

3. htownbball

htownbball Member

Will Barton from Memphis

4. Painting_Shade

Painting_Shade Contributing Member

Wow every pick in this thread is great. Will Barton would be awesome. Machado too if we trade lowry. Problem is where would we put them? Not a lot of room on the squad

5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I actually think Barton will go in the 1st.

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I'm pretty sure a few spots will open up by then.

7. RealContender

RealContender Rookie

Will Barton is a nice player. I particularly like his passion for the game (recall his breakdown at the postgame presser after the Round 1 NCAA Tourney loss).

Coachbadlee - Scott Machado IS prone to turnovers, but any 2nd Round pick is going to have flaws. That can be corrected. He needs to learn when to slow it down at times, for sure. I don't think he's as NBA-Ready as Kendall Marshall, but I DO think he sees the court a bit better than Marshall, and offensively, he's a bit more flashy than Marshall.

There's a SG from France (name escapes me now) that is probably a 2nd Rounder. He looks really nice.

Sacre, though, just seems to me like he's ready to come in and contribute during his Rookie season. Steal as a 2nd Rounder. Not explosive down low and may have trouble defending some quicker bigs, but has as good of an offensive skill set as most bigs in this draft. MOST. (all you Anthony Davis fans...relax)

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

How? Morris and Patterson are not developed enough to get something valuable in return.

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Martin, Lowry, Dally, Scola, Boykins, D. Simpson, Greg Smith.......

10. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

With Morey's track record, I'd take a couple of second rounders too.

11. jvu

jvu Member

The SG from France is Evan Fournier