1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I Went to Small Ball on Opening Night and Wrote About It for Clutch Fans

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jeff, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I'd love it, Sweet Lou. And I'd love to hear your response to it. :)

2. Batman Jones

You rock, @finalsbound. I'm so glad you enjoyed it as much as you did. If you're coming back PM me to let me know when so I can do my best to come by and say hi at least, even if I can't stay for the performance.

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

It's Jeff Balke, Batman. If you used a smart phone, it may have "corrected" your spelling. ;)
    Everything else is right on the money!

Batman Jones likes this.
  4. Batman Jones

Dang it. Of course it was autocorrect.

Deckard likes this.
  5. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

I really need to get a sitter and see this. Last one we saw was Medea.

6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that's helpful, and I'll look forward to it at UH Libraries when the time comes. It occurs to me that if I could talk my daughter into it and she could get the script and licensing rights, maybe she could get it performed here locally from among her theater contacts. hmmm . . . .

7. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

What batman said. Did you look him up?

8. Zergling

Zergling Member

Watched it last night and thoroughly enjoyed it! I actually sat right next to the 2 media reporters asking questions and they were great. The "Tiny People" song was laugh out loud funny, and my wife couldn't hold her laughter anytime Pippen made an appearance. Really good acting and singing performances by all.

I've never watched a musical at MATCH before, so I was surprised how close everyone got to sit to the stage and the overall small size of the room. It was definitely an intimate experience.

Batman Jones likes this.
  9. Batman Jones

So glad you dug it! I don't know if opening night or tonight was scarier. Both scary, both wins. I'll take it.

10. theimpossibles1

I tried but couldn't find results from any combinations of the search terms suggested.

11. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

theimpossibles1 likes this.
  12. Batman Jones

This is a huge story and one that should never be forgotten by true Rockets fans. Jeff Balke almost single-handedly saved our Rockets at a time when our future was very much up in the air. He has my eternal thanks as he should have every Houston Rockets' fans eternal thanks. Without Jeff's efforts there's no reason to believe we'd even have a home team to root for this year.

don grahamleone likes this.