1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

I think Carmelo Anthony is likely to end up with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mockster, May 29, 2018.

1. FearTheBeardJH

Melo is basically Joe Johnson 2.0 at this point, unplayable againstgood teams.

Corrosion likes this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

oh the guy who shot worse in the playoffs then ariza. right, makes sense

B-Bob likes this.
  3. mockster

mockster Member

I think big melo news will be among us by Monday or at least this upcoming week

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Probably Tuesday by 5:45.

5. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Melo dropped 20+ almost 30 times last season. I don’t think Joe could score 20 in a gym alone at this point of his career.

jboslett, hibbetts, Cstyle42 and 3 others like this.
  6. mockster

mockster Member

Getting him that early would be a steele

alethios likes this.
  7. pauebtg

pauebtg Member

I didn't know we were 20+ games into the season already....Forget his 1 year with the thunder, give him the benefit of a doubt, and give CP3 and Harden the benefit of a doubt that they can enhance Melo's play and maybe turn him around before calling him Johnson 2.0

8. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Once again YOLO, please offer another option to replace Ariza if your so against Melo.

He’s not a perfect player, he’s nowhere near what he once was. But he can score, he’s available, and he wants to be here. Would you rather we give all of the Ariza/LMAM minutes to Ennis and MCW?

9. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No way JJ was garbage last year ! Melo is a much more efficient scorer but I’d definitely give a nod to JJ on defense !

10. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Melo or no Melo, he's not an ariza replacement. let's just at least all agree that they don't do the same things.

Kim likes this.
  11. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

He Won't at least if Melo's shot is not falling from deep he can drive and post up.. Ariza can't even do that!

PDJACK7 and Cstyle42 like this.
  12. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I’m not saying they do the same things. But with the loss of Ariza we have a need at the forward spot and Melo can fill that need. He’s really the only available option to fill that need. Who starts in place of Ariza right now? Green or Ennis? Anderson again with PJ at the 3? No thanks! Melo will give us 13-15 points a game and improve our offensive versatility. His defense will be something we have to overcome, just like Ariza’s offensive liabilities were something we had to overcome. If you still aren’t on board with signing Melo I honestly question if you have the Rockets best interests in mind...

LjGarci likes this.
  13. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

We can ask dwade join after that

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Will there be a Banana Boat 2.0 with this generation? I doubt it. It is coming to an End.

15. Jontro

Jontro Member

there will be with the ball brothers (and father).

16. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

LOLOLOL JJ should get no nod on defense. You have no clue what you are talking about. Melo is a better defender than Joe Johnson.

mario_v likes this.
  17. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I agree, but Melo is inefficient most of the time, and doesn't play any defense. Nor does he pass the ball. He would ok coming off the bench, if he is physically and mentally ready to play. If he insists on being a starter, Miami can pick him up.

Aruba77 likes this.
  18. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

Well too bad. Ill take cp3s opinion over yours.

19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I hope I will be wrong.

20. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I understand the Melo concern but i don't understand blatantly not giving it a chance or saying he's not going to work here. No way CP3 or Morey would acquire him if that were truly the case. Melo has played in this league too long to be disrespected on the level some of you guys are disrespecting him on. Joe Johnson 2.0 come on now that's just delusional and plain stupid.

Ramathorn006 likes this.