1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I stalked Hakeem Olajuwon today

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Williamson, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

So I'm eating lunch with my mother at the Hobbit Hole today when I recieve a text message from a girl I used to date. She informs me that "that Rocket guy Hakeem O just came into my work"

We were just about to be finished eating and we weren't far from her work (home fashion design center or something like that), so I actually talked my mom into going there just to say hello to Hakeem.

I arrive and I find him on the second floor looking at couches. He is with an interior designer and an employee of the store. I decided he looked really busy so I didn't want to interupt him. Especially considering that he had a designer with him and so he was actually paying for somebodies time. I loitered around a bit and then waved goodbye to Hakeem and left.

I was really creepy. It was awesome.

I wanted to tell him that my first born son will be named Hakeem Olajuwon Williamson, but like I said, it seemed rude to interupt him in the middle of his shopping.

It was great to see Dream again. Like many of us, I hadn't seen him in person since they retired his jersey. I know it's weird, but seeing him just made me feel closer to the championship years again. It felt good.

2. Omer

Omer Member

Nice, you seriously naming your son that?

3. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

jm williamson?

That wouldn't be James Michael would it?

4. Kamikaze

Kamikaze Member

OT: Who's the girl you use to date? Hakeem and his bro are really stingy tho! lol

5. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- Contributing Member

Your phone doesn't have a camera!? :(

Oh well, nice story anyways. There's no way your future son won't be a Rockets fan. :D

6. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

edit im a boner.

high fabric fasion or something in downtown?

#6 Kam, Aug 28, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2006
  7. Kamikaze

Kamikaze Member

It's call High Fashion Home, and I ran it. Hakeem looks very young still and in great shape. He probably has some bball left in him. And he makes all the furniture we have furniture looks small :D

8. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

I don't mean to be nosey but from what Hakeem bought/looked interested to, does it look like he is going to be stay in Houston for significant period of time? Or he requested oversea shipment?

9. Kamikaze

Kamikaze Member

He DEMANDED a 25% discount off everything. We actually thought about offer it to him. Once he saw the discounted price, he asked for more!!! His brother is the same way. Seem like any discount is never enough with them.

He's still a heck of a bball player tho lol!

10. busta_cap

busta_cap Contributing Member

Back in the mid-late-80s I was a waiter at the Steak and Ale at 45&West Rd and I waited on a table one night with several people, two of whom were Hakeem and Meadowlark Lemon.

Hakeem paid, and he tipped me the amount of the bill (well over $100). I didn't have any complaints about him being cheap.

11. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

In some cultures, you haggle for everything. It is just how it is done. So you raise up the price and negotiate it down.

12. Kamikaze

Kamikaze Member

I guess it's different in retail. You'll alway get customer that asks for discount. But to a certain extend, or else we'll be out of business.

13. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

I am so freakin' jealous of you guys rights now!

Getting to meet one of my idols!

So what if I live in LA and a couple of blocks away from Ice Cube! I have seen Xzibit, Suge, Kobe, and a bunch of other celebs, but I would trade it all for a handshake with Hakeem.

I am f'n depressed now!

I got to move to Houston or get a second home down there or something! Anyone looking for a roommate?

14. Kamikaze

Kamikaze Member

Hakeem and his bro shop with us quite often for fabrics. He send tons of them back to nigeria to make clothing.

15. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Did you ever think giving your son Mutombos full name...

16. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Its nice to see Hakeem in Houston from time to time.

Surely the man can't take a step here without running into an enormous fan.

I really wish he was involved in the city more now that he's out of the limelight.

17. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

This might sound a bit wierd, but anyway you could get him to sign a spalding basketball next time and sell it to me for like $100 or something? And if you could take it picture of him signing it. I will pay for the came, ball, shipping, and the work you had to do. So lets bump the price to like $130 or something.

I'll send you the money either through Paypal, Firepay or transfer funds on Paradise Poker if you play!

18. thatboyz

thatboyz Contributing Member

ha, it's kind of funny to hear Hakeem talked about in this manner. I see him at the mosque weekly, and if I went to the particular that he goes to more often I would probably see him everyday.

No, he won't stay in Houston for long, he'll back in Jordan probably within a month, most likely sooner than that.

19. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

you didn't go to hakeem's school of negotiation, huh? ;)

20. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

no pictures no proof, sorry.