1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I need help with my All-Jerk Team

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Pipe, Nov 12, 2004.

1. Pipe

Pipe Contributing Member

I was thinking about the explosion of jerk-like behavior in the NBA recently. Who would make my All-Jerk Team?

Well, since jerkdom is in the eye of the beholder, it helps to have some kind of qualifications for the team. Of course, it has to be a current player.

Jerkiness can be disrepecting the fans.

Pipe's All-Jerk shooting guard, Latrell "I got a family to feed" Spreewell, who was also alleged to have disrespected a certain coach's neck once upon a time.

Jerkiness can be so overwhelming it needs no definition.

Pipe's All-Jerk small forward, Ron "I need a rest" Artest, who has made jerkiness an art form.

Jerkiness can sometimes just be being irritating.

Pipe's All-Jerk point guard, Jason Kidd, for the incredibly self-absorbed air kisses he blows at the punching bag he calls his wife before every free throw. Ironically, every time I see him do it I think, "wife beater."

Jerkiness can be a career of dirty play maiming and injuring other players, and of course being guilty of being the supreme Jazzflopper.

But then I realized that Karla wasn't a current player and not eligible for my All-Jerk team. :mad: :(

But then I realized that in four years he would be eligible for the All-Jerk Hall of Fame, and I felt better.

So I need a power foward and a center. :confused:

:cool:

2. jlwee

jlwee Member

power forward - amare stoudmaire. A jerk is a jerk needs no clarification...

3. Val

Val Member

What about KOBE?:confused:

4. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Amare? Can you explain that one?

5. jlwee

jlwee Member

Amare is a jerk cause he said marbury was the reason he couldnt score 20ppg in his rookie season
    Amare is a jerk cause he thinks he is better than yao ming
    Amare is a jerk cause he thinks suns is the best team in nba!!!

6. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

There's enough jerks to make an entire division now. Granted there are enough respected guys too to make an equally sized division.

7. foodworld

foodworld Member

How about Andre Miller? He feuded with Paul Pierce (who is hard on anyone not giving 100%) during the world games in 2002, then totally mailed it in when he was with LA ("I'm not going to do **** for the Clippers!") His stock has dropped since then, but I've always thought he was overrated.

8. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

I haven't heard the first one.

What's wrong in thinking you are a better player than somebody. epecially when you have better stats than they do?

What's wrong with thinking your own team is good, especially when you have a good record (even though they've played mostly crappy teams)?

There are plenty of players who deserved to be called a jerk more than Amare. Are you Chinese? I've noticed there are a lot of Chinese fans who hate Amare because he won rookie of the year.

9. jlwee

jlwee Member

I am a chinese but i m not from China. the first one i read it from suns' board. I dont hate amare becos he won the rookie of the year n i think he deserved it better than yao. even i have to hate him becos of this then i should have hate those who vote of amare not amare himself.
    Just wait for the next suns n rockets game, more people will jump on the amare's jerk bandwagon

10. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

I feel Kame-apart (OH SORRY,. K-MART) would be a lock for PF..

11. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

PF: Derrick Coleman

12. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

Karl Malone

Scotty Pippen

would be on the all-time team

#12 KaiSeR SoZe, Nov 13, 2004
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2004
  13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

PF: Carlos "when there's more money who cares about verbal agreement" Boozer.

C: Erick "I'm the second best center" Dampier

14. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

PG: Marbury
    SG: Sprewell
    SF: Artest
    PF: Rodman (playing in the ABA now)
    C: Dampier (second best center in the NBA my ass)

15. T_in_Charlotte

T_in_Charlotte Contributing Member

Well, he has been on good behavior lately, but how can anyone skip Rasheed as your jerk power forward?

16. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

Well, Amare wasn't and still isn't the focal point of his team's offense. He's a partial contributor to his team as of this year.

But his rookie season, marbury was the star and he fed off that. It's like Paxson was better cuz of MJ. Amare isn't Yao and doesn't command the doubles and triples that Yao does since 5 games into his rookie season.

That said, Yao has done pretty well in my eyes considering what people are doing to try to stop him.

17. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

1. Jason "i ougtta slap a b****" Kidd
    2) Doug Christie's wife
    3) Ron Artest
    4) Karl Malone
    5) Carlos Boozer

18. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

KMart is a pretty big jerk, but at PF I think Id go with Rashweed. And at center, it is probably a tie between Brad Miller and Damp with fat butt in New Orleans right there with them.

19. Hottoddie

Hottoddie Contributing Member

PG: Derek Fisher- Because he turned us down.

SG: Brent Barry- Because he turned us down.

SF: James Posey- Because he left us.

PF: Eddie Griffin- Because he couldn't keep his head on straight, he cost us a shot at Jefferson, Randolph, & Parker.

C: Webber- Because he led us on & played us for fools. (I know he's not a true center, but he's still a jerk)

As a side note: I actually do like Griffin & wish him well, but if we new then what we know now, WOW!!! :eek:

20. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Am I the only one that had a little silent chuckle at the sexual implications of a guy asking for help on his all jerk team?

One named "Pipe", no less.